Polishing Intake

MysteryMachine

Jun 21, 2003
Parkesburg, PA
In the process of tearing my car apart so I figure I'll try my hand at polishing up some stuff i'm doing it for the looks aspect but was wondering if anybody has polished the inside of their intake for performance if you have how hard is it and how do you do it

• Sponsors (?)

Make it where the walls of the intake runners are paper thin. More air = more power right? :D I was also thinking... Since I can take the back plate of my Performer off and get to the runners that way, would I gain any performance if I sharpeden the walls of the runners so that air will slice right through it creating less turbulance(sp)? If you dont know the part I'm talking about I can post a picture.

1105 said:
Make it where the walls of the intake runners are paper thin. More air = more power right? :D I was also thinking... Since I can take the back plate of my Performer off and get to the runners that way, would I gain any performance if I sharpeden the walls of the runners so that air will slice right through it creating less turbulance(sp)? If you dont know the part I'm talking about I can post a picture.
No, don't do that. The idea of it is to make the air flow smoother - you want to make that bend smoother, not sharper. The smoother the surface is that the air flows, the better it flows.

Joe

1105 said:
so would it be better to round them off more and make them smooth? Will I notice anything If i do that?
Yeah, probably about 0.362 more Horsepower an a little more torque :D. Seriously though, I don't think it's worth the time and/or effort.

Joe

94GTLaserRC said:
That's twice in 3 weeks that Killer agreed with what I said.
Damn, Im getting good at this $hit! :banana:
RC
With age comes wisdom I guess :shrug: :p But killer had a good way of doing up the intake with the flapper wheel, might give that a shot one of these days.