• 3:73

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • 4:10

Votes: 15 75.0%

• Total voters

huskerpower02

Aug 21, 2003
KS
I know you all are sick of hearing about which gearing people should get, but i just got a bunch of cash and this is the section of the forum that i post in the most. I have a Auto 95 GT and i want new gears.

3:73- I want the obvious advantages of these and it still keeps my speedometer somewhere in the ballpark. Im also still concerned a little about the high revs of the 4:10's.

4:10- I want the BID ADVANTAGES of the 4:10s to wake up my auto, but i dont want to be doing 40 mph and have my speedo reading 65 mph. Like i said above, im worried about the high reving issues. I also dont want to spend more money on getting a correcting device such as a new "tooth" and then have it chewed up a year later.

Please tell me what you all think about this situation and give me a detailed description on why you felt the way you do. thanks a ton!

-Drew

P.S-I also dont want to go above 4:10's because i dont own a Ferrari and i cant hang at 5000 RPM all day long and be fine. :rolleyes:

• Sponsors (?)

9lb302 said:
If you have future plans for a power adder, 3.73's - otherwise with bolt ons, 4.10's all the way - the speedo issue and revving shouldn't be issues

Ditto, if you ever think of putting on a Supercharger/blower/Nitrous and you have 4.10's then you will have to change them b/c it will be to much gear. Personally I wouldnet want 4.10's Id either go w/ 3.55's or 3.73's. I had a friend w/a Supercharged 91 GT and when he took it to the track he had to shift into 5th gear b/c he had 4.10s and was running out of gear in 4th.