• 36-45

Votes: 18 16.8%
  • 46-55

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • over 55

Votes: 3 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Sponsors (?)

Ya, that's kind of my story as well, I don't think I'll be able to afford an 05 if I get it right away when they come out, so I'll be waiting for 06 to buy an 05, or waiting for 07 to buy an 06, it all depends. Originally I had wanted to be one of the first in my province or at least city to have one. That still might be the case but there are some people out there that have money to burn and are just going to get one for the fun of it, and aren't even Mustang enthusiasts. Oh well :shrug:

ponyboy66 said:
In reading a lot of these posts I sense a bit of a generation gap.
Just curious of the age groups that will be purchasing the '05 pony.

You mean who's gonna be driving one or who's gonna be paying for it? And who's paying cash and who's gonna be going deeper into debt. I'll be in my late 30s when I buy an 05 used for cash in a few years.

damn me I'm 19, and right now I'm riding in a focus zx3. If I had the damn money to get an 05 stang I would get it like right ****in now. But the thing is that the car is not that expensive... it's the ensurance. I called like 2 weeks ago to see how much it would cost and the price was like DDDAAAAMMMNNNN :eek: . So I'm gonna wait a little before changing my focus. And I probably need a little more experiance at the wheel before getting a stang if I don't wanna kill my self.

I figured it would be best for me to buy mine next year and hopefully have it paid off by the time I get my degree, my parents think I should wait until I have a good job that my degree will get me, but I'd like to have a new car and have it paid off now, instead of having a mortage AND car payments at the same time.

Hmmm interseting question .... However ....
Since your sampling on an enthusiasts web site, expect your getting a non-random subset sample of the true purchasers which will probably biase your findings. Older, younger, more divient ... I dont know, but it ain't the random sampling method they preached in Stats 101.

Example: if you polled here for V6 vs V8's, i'm guessing that you'd end up with 80% V8's as your answer, when the mix is projected at less than 1/3 V8s. Why? Cause all the tean-age barbie princesses and mid-life pretenders who buy the V6's wont be here to respond to your question.

Now, if you want a break down of who is on this sight .... then the poll should be much more valid ... but don't smear the world as a hole based on this group of voters.

pony542 said:
Hmmm interseting question .... However ....
Since your sampling on an enthusiasts web site, expect your getting a non-random subset sample of the true purchasers which will probably biase your findings. Older, younger, more divient ... I dont know, but it ain't the random sampling method they preached in Stats 101.

Example: if you polled here for V6 vs V8's, i'm guessing that you'd end up with 80% V8's as your answer, when the mix is projected at less than 1/3 V8s. Why? Cause all the tean-age barbie princesses and mid-life pretenders who buy the V6's wont be here to respond to your question.

Now, if you want a break down of who is on this sight .... then the poll should be much more valid ... but don't smear the world as a hole based on this group of voters.

Just a light hearted poll. I'm actually learning something.
I believe it is valid in the context in which it stands. Yes, if I wanted a national poll that would reflect real numbers than I would have done it in that forum. Or I would have gotten John Zogby or Gallupp/CNN to do the poll. I was just curious of the people here on this forum. And BTW, I am one of the mid lifer's (Not that I really want to admit it). Some answering here will probably never get one. Oh well, thought I would stir some discussion.
Appreciate your input.

No problem .. and is generating some responces ...

Just seen in the real world people taking liberties with "polls". Kinda like going standing outside a bowling alley and asking what percentage of people like to Bowl .... no suprise, over 98%. Or the less subtle, what percentage of those people have drunk 2 or more beers that night. Again, Probably >90%.
And they are great polls, as long as you dont infer them to the general poplulation.

I actually like your Poll .... just have to realize that it is more to do with the people that post here, than the true average age of the real mustang purchaser.

Well, I was 25 when I bought my 2001 GT. Hopefully I will only be 29 when I am able to buy a 2005 or 2006 GT. I don't think I will be able to get one while I am still 28, since my birthday is Sept. 29th... I think that is the first day you can get one. As for me, I really want to buy a house first.

szer0 said:
Well if you drive safely I don't see why... :shrug:

Ya but a Mustang V8 is pretty tempting when a ****in civic with a fart can is stoped right next to you at a red light. Or alone on the highway late at night. You know, things like that. It's all about the temptation. I'm afraid I won't be able to control my self :D .