popping sound when turning sharp left

What would cause an intermittant pop when turning nearly full over left at low speed. It "feels" like it might be a strut. Would a strut make a pop when turning sometimes or could the steering rack be bad inside? I checked the ball joints and tie rod ends - no "play" and I lubed all grease fittings I could find. I jacked up the front of the car and wiggled the wheels - all is normal, bearings seem fine, turned the steering lock to lock with no noises or oddities found. Steering rack mounts are tight, power steering pump is full and quiet, etc.... I can find nothing out of the ordinary - please help!

• Sponsors (?)

I gotta say balljoints too, my friend including me is having the same sound, happened when turning and going over a bump. And last week his balljoint, SEPERATED, so his his whole front left of his car was laying on the top of his tire and the lower control arm was grinding on the ground......After seeing that I'm chaning mine Asap.

ball joints seemed normal - no play, tie rods - no play, etc... I did not see anything that was out of the ordinary - jacked up the front with both wheels off the ground and pushed, pulled, turned them, turned the steering wheel lock to lock, etc... I never was able to reproduce the pop - it only happens on a really sharp left turn at low speed - it is not caused by hitting a bump or anything - just once in a while in a tight parking lot for example. I have not thought of the sway bar end links - I will have to check that when I get a chance. Thanks for the ideas guys!

had the same sound in my car coming from the rear on left turns...found out its the upper control arm bushings, theyre shot. Next week ill have my Pro3i Uppers and Pro3i "weight jacker" Lowers.

Lately I've been hearing the exact same noise from my car, although literally everything in the front end is only 1 or 2 years old, except for the sway bar mount bushings and wheel bearings which are original. I'm going to check everything out in the next couple days and replace the sway bar bushings with the poly ones that I've been meaning to install for a year, and I'll post an update if I get it figured out.

X2 on the Struts, Ive had on another McP. Strut vehicle the same sound, and actually my stang is starting to do it too and it doesnt sound like a clank metal hitting metal really hard but that snapping/popping noise. I checked replaced everything and it turned out to be the strut bearing/bushings. Its caused by the the strut and spring trying to turn but the bearing/bushing just isnt havng it until the force overcomes and the spring then pops back into place. Thats what I have expirienced if it helps any