Popular Mods That You'd Recommend To Not Do

• Sponsors (?)

Cold Air intakes, 24lb injectors/MAF, 6AL boxes, shorty headers, throttle body spacers, doing either intake/cam/heads without doing the other 2. Under drive pulleys

I've done almost all of these in the past. Each one was stupid in it's own special way and amounted to a lot of wasted time. Live and learn

Tubular K member, what a waste of money. It's way more beneficial to put that money towards more hp.
Deleting back seat, stupid
Removing the A/C, stupid
Removing the PS, stupid
Msd 6al, does nothing except break
Drag springs on a car that doesn't see alot of track time. Makes your car handle literally like a boat.

All things i have done.

I have a few more that i have a distaste for, but at the moment i'm not up for arguing. Probably cut into my titanfall time.

Reactions: 2 users
Let me just say for the record, we have gone three pages and jrichker has not said removing smog equipment. :hide:Ful

One more- driving with skinnies on a DD. (done it)

Looking at this list, just scratching my head as I have on my car

• shorty headers
  • U/D pulleys
  • CAI
  • 3.73's
  • no smog equipment
  • Gt40 heads/intake but stock cam with 1.7 RR

Let me just say for the record, we have gone three pages and jrichker has not said removing smog equipment. :hide:Ful

One more- driving with skinnies on a DD. (done it)

Looking at this list, just scratching my head as I have on my car

• shorty headers
  • U/D pulleys
  • CAI
  • 3.73's
  • no smog equipment
  • Gt40 heads/intake but stock cam with 1.7 RR
I have the same except stock heads and the mighty e cam:(

Reactions: 1 user
I like my 3.73's. I don't regret putting them in. 3rd and 4th gear is a blast. Isnt that what these fox bodies are all about?

My car was bone stock when I got it and it's way better with the mods I've done. I strongly disagree that any of them were a waste.

Glad to see Im not the only one who thinks throwing in a steep gear can have more downsides than up, feel like Im going crazy sometimes reading all the comments saying gears are the one and only first mod any mustang owner needs to do.

IMO first mod should be subframes.

Reactions: 1 users
Cold Air intakes, 24lb injectors/MAF, 6AL boxes, shorty headers, throttle body spacers, doing either intake/cam/heads without doing the other 2. Under drive pulleys

I've done almost all of these in the past. Each one was stupid in it's own special way and amounted to a lot of wasted time. Live and learn

Dont completely agree underedrives can give noticeable gains for little cash. Probably one of the best HP/$ mods possible, as long as you get a kit that normalizes the alternator speed.

Also the stock cam is nice, intake/heads need to be done, but you can get away without a cam change , especially if you want to do more street and keep your low end. Alot of horror stories about cam changes that have left people longing for more low end.

Reactions: 1 user
Glad to see Im not the only one who thinks throwing in a steep gear can have more downsides than up, feel like Im going crazy sometimes reading all the comments saying gears are the one and only first mod any mustang owner needs to do.

IMO first mod should be subframes.
10-15 years ago before hci kits were widely available and affordable I think gears were a good option. Now that we can bolt 75-100hp on to our cars in a weekend on a variety of ways I think gears should be one of the last things done.