Ported Heads

N8Dogg98

10 Year Member
Apr 4, 2005
MN
Hey guys, at some point I will be buying some ported PI heads for my car and I found these heads on e-bay. They're 1,050 for a stage 2 port/polish, oversized SI valves, and beehive springs. The stage 1 heads with stock valves and stock springs are only 695. This seems like a better deal than buying used PI heads and having them cleaned up and rebuilt. The stage 2 heads don't really look like any work was put into polishing the combustion chamber. Before I do anything, I wanted to hear some of your opinions first. Thanks

Click Here

• Sponsors (?)

Nick McKinney owns modular head shop, and he is very knowledgable when it comes to porting modular heads. Quality is an A+. He strives for velocity instead of advertising big cfm numbers that other companies do. I believe he mills the heads too for added compression. He posts over on the modular revolution boards if you have any questions.

As for the chamber, taking the swirl dam out loses flow as well as compression. The most that should be done to it is laying it back a little.

I would buy a set of regular PI heads...used or new, doesn't matter. Do some research and find a good guy to port and polish them. I had my heads ported by Chis at Champion racing on the east coast of Florida and I just put down 318rwhp and 350rtq with stock UD pulleys and a OK tune.