porting????

• Sponsors (?)

Anybody can hack heads or an intake up - gettin it right is the hard part. do a search on porting and you'll find links to how-to articles. Read up as much as you can - do web searches. Talk to Thumper about heads. TAKE YOUR TIME AND DO IT RIGHT!

porting...

TMOSS is right on.... Take your time!! get a dust mask!! and do all the ehaust then all the intakes!! the exhaust is the MOST time consuming!! Take the header gasket and etch the outline on the heads!! match the outline!! then remove the EGR bump and make the exhaust port as even and straingt as possible, in the bowls.. just smooth the ruff edges and dont get carried away!! the Bowls are HUGE on power LOSS is done WRONG!!! so just smooth them ok?? cool?? Intake, gasket match to the intake gasket you are going to use and dont forget to match the intake manifold also...! Then send the heads out for a performance valve job and surface flat!! your rocking!! you picked up HP and torque and only spent 2 months (?) on it!! but hey it is YOUR heads and YOU did it your self!! cool??Now let me see if I cqn send a pix of an exhaust showing the etch thing using a gasket!! Have fun!!

Just me............................

Thumper
Tpr

Ok so when you match it to the gasket, do you mill it out all the way to the edges of the gasket? I've always wondered how the port match 2 pieces together also? Do they attach them together and mill them both at the same time? This is a really interesting subject, i'd buy some used heads just to try it out. I suck at searching, does anyone have any links to howtos?