Positve displacement supercharger Discussion

Which blower makes best power and is easy to tune/upgrade?

• Kenne Bell 2.4 Intercooled

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • Whipple 2.3 Intercooled

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Saleen 2.3 Intercooled

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I thought I'd start a new thread and see where it goes, since all the supercharger talk is scattered lets try and see if we can condense it to help people make an educated decision when that awesome time comes to order some boost.

Like many out there I am going to purchase a supercharger for my 06 GT. The problem I am facing is there is not a lot of good information out there from people who are actually using them. My main concerns when choosing a supercharger are:

Power to boost ratio
How easy it is to upgrade and TUNE
Customer service of the company

I have 3 that come to mind right now
KB which is a 2.4 Autoroter
Whipple which is a 2.3 Lysholm
Saleen which is a 2.3 Lysholm

Advantages to each:
KB Billet construction, oversize bearings, lower discharge temp, good price
Whipple Highest advertised HP numbers HT0 plugs supplied, largest MAF sensor (95mm)
Saleen Same exact compressor as whipple + you can use most aftermarket CAI like JLT and MMR

Disadvantages to each:
KB Have heard bad things about customer service, Have to cut car to make install their CAI
Whipple Expensive, hard to find
Saleen Expensive, have heard the intercooler is small, plastic intake manifold, pulies only available from JDM for now

Please If you have installed these superchargers on your car comment on your gains, and your install. I want a blower that is: reliable, easy to tune for future upgrades, and puts out.
If you can think of anything to add go ahead, I have no problem being corrected if I'm wrong. Keep in mind this thread was created to help people choose a positive displacement supercharger. Now, lets spill some knowledge and help out.
:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

as far as the intercooler portion , saleens is actually wider and offers more surface area. whipples is thicker , more square. in my opinion they are all roughly the same. now the external cooler may be a different story. saleens is relitively small when compared to the whipple , which uses a fluidine , i believe. if i were to change anything it would be that part and have a larger coolant resivor for the saleen. but all three will produce the same #'s guys!!! vynle:D