possible computer problem ?

Ok, I have had this problem since day one of the car (03 GT Auto stock) clunk coming from the rear. I was told by a repair shop it was the rear upper and lower control arms. So, I replaced them with UPR control arms. It was still doing it. Then was told it was the rear end. Had it rebuilt and then was told the transmission. So, I though I would take it to the experts, Ford. Ford said it was the rear end. I told them that it was just rebuilt. They still beleived it was the rear end. So, I let them look at it and $200 later they said it was fine every thing was tight and in specs. Then they said it was the tranny. I took to another place to have the tranny rebuilt and a new TC. Its was still doing it. Oh, and I also had the tranny mount, u-joints, and drive shaft replaced. The guy at the tranny shop (who I trust) said he knows a guy at ford who is really good with this and they went on a test drive and he said it was the after market control arms that I had put on. Now what is happening is that when I am accelerating normaly and get to 35-50 and then let off the gas it jerks foward then back and thats when you hear the clunk. My ? is can it be the computer thats causing the jerking or some kind of sensor?

• Sponsors (?)

You might check:

- the lower control arm forward bushings
- the upper control arm mounting points where they weld to the floor/frame
- the horizontal "quad" shocks
- for witness marks on the exhaust touching things like the axle; check the exhaust hangers and welds where the hanger hooks are attached to the pipes

You might check:

- the lower control arm forward bushings
- the upper control arm mounting points where they weld to the floor/frame
- the horizontal "quad" shocks
- for witness marks on the exhaust touching things like the axle; check the exhaust hangers and welds where the hanger hooks are attached to the pipes
Thanks I'll do that but, I would like to find out whats causing it to jerk. I think the jerking maybe the problem and its taking what little slack in the drive train is and slamming it hard and making it clunk. Thanks

It may be just normal lockup torque converter chuggle. Mine does a similer type of thing at about 60 kph. I've just learned how to "drive around it".
It did it stock. After gear change. After two different programmers and after installing a high stall converter. I was told by a Ford dealer when the car was still under warranty that it's a normal condition. As a tech myself, I didn't doubt it, as the lockup engagement speed is too low for my liking.

It may be just normal lockup torque converter chuggle. Mine does a similer type of thing at about 60 kph. I've just learned how to "drive around it".
It did it stock. After gear change. After two different programmers and after installing a high stall converter. I was told by a Ford dealer when the car was still under warranty that it's a normal condition. As a tech myself, I didn't doubt it, as the lockup engagement speed is too low for my liking.
Ya I know its normal for these ones. But, on my it feels like the rear end is about fall out. Ford even says its to much.