Possible sale of the GTS...

302GTS

If you need herpes, I'm your man!
Apr 20, 2009
Largo, FL
Well, I'm starting to think the time is coming up to where I may get rid of my GTS. :( The car has been the same for almost a year now, and I don't want to mod it anymore than is already done. I feel like I'd be wasting money, knowing that the car doesn't see the track. I'm sick of the exhaust, too. O/r x-pipe with dumped Flows sounds fantastic IMO, but on long trips (which I'm taking a lot lately), it just gets on my nerves.

I'm looking to get into a good, reliable daily driver. Bone stock, low miles (no new vehicles, thanks), that will still have some get-up to it without needing to throw parts at it. I'd like to know if anyone has any good suggestions? So far my two first picks are an 06-09 Mustang GT, or a 2002 Trans Am (WS6 not necessary). I'm 19, but my credit is fantastic, and I'm creating a budget of around $20,000. The car doesn't have to be THAT new, but a warranty is definitely preferred! If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

Keith (Pokageek) just got himself an 06 GT and is liking it so far. If you really want to get into something newer go with a s197. the prices are dropping since the new 5.0s came out and the aftermarket is huge for them. I personally don't much care for them but they are nice.

My mom owns an 05 sixxer, and I love that car to death. It's what I learned to drive a manual in, actually. She has almost 60k on the clock, and it's only had ONE issue (t-stat housing cracked). I figured with a GT I'd be in love! :D Prices on 06's are under 20k even with like 30k miles that I've seen, so that's definitely not a bad deal IMO.

05-06 GTO are bad ass....They do have a bit of wheel hop, but they make a cheap remedy for it. Great power, Excelent MPG for a 400 hp vehicle, better interior than a vette, and handle like they are on rails. They are a bit heavy, but I have heard its easy to shed unwanted weight.

05-06 GTO are bad ass....They do have a bit of wheel hop, but they make a cheap remedy for it. Great power, Excelent MPG for a 400 hp vehicle, better interior than a vette, and handle like they are on rails. They are a bit heavy, but I have heard its easy to shed unwanted weight.

x2

My buddy just got one for $15....its a really nice car. Love the LS2 + 6speed. Extremely comfortable.

GTO would be a good call, too! Awesome suggestion guys! I also drove a 2010 Nissan Altima today, which was a gorgeous car in terms of daily driver! Depending on the money I spend, I could always pick up a slower car for a DD, and keep the Mustang to build up over time. Decisions, decisions. :( I'll be checking out GTO's, though!

Im a nissan fan too. I really like their designs as of lately.

I would go for a cheaper daily and keeping the stang (or any hobby related car).

Unless u get an altima...or a car like it....you're gonna be tempted to mod it. ESPECIALLY a GTO (those dam LS2 motors are begging for it) and the same goes for a S197. At which....at some point a mod is going to hurt the DD aspect of the car. Then you will be faced with similar problems.

If i could go back to your age(im 25), i wouldnt get a car that would take me a while to pay off. I would LOVE to not have a car note right now. Get something nice...perhaps an older grand prix? Pay it off in a year or 2. Then save that money, put it into the stang, put it towards school, a future house fund...etc.

You have your whole life to purchase newer/nicer cars. I wish i could go back and tell the old me that lol.

Im a nissan fan too. I really like their designs as of lately.

I would go for a cheaper daily and keeping the stang (or any hobby related car).

Unless u get an altima...or a car like it....you're gonna be tempted to mod it. ESPECIALLY a GTO (those dam LS2 motors are begging for it) and the same goes for a S197. At which....at some point a mod is going to hurt the DD aspect of the car. Then you will be faced with similar problems.

If i could go back to your age(im 25), i wouldnt get a car that would take me a while to pay off. I would LOVE to not have a car note right now. Get something nice...perhaps an older grand prix? Pay it off in a year or 2. Then save that money, put it into the stang, put it towards school, a future house fund...etc.

You have your whole life to purchase newer/nicer cars. I wish i could go back and tell the old me that lol.
You make a good point, but the point I'm at now in life is better than it has been, ever IMO. My job is paying very well (especially for only being a 19 year old high school grad, no college whatsoever), and my band is really moving forward, earning even MORE money that is all extra. My girlfriend and I will be moving into a house in the middle of next year, and we both have a great amount of money saved towards that already. I have investments, retirement already started, and my own savings to all keep me afloat if anything really bad came up in life. I feel like driving a loud, red Mustang is just very unprofessional of me. :shrug: If I had something that looked really nice and was nice and stock, I feel like it would make great first impressions on all the music industry folks I meet on a weekly basis. I just want something nice, simple, but has great reliability, and a warranty preferably!

You make a good point, but the point I'm at now in life is better than it has been, ever IMO. My job is paying very well (especially for only being a 19 year old high school grad, no college whatsoever), and my band is really moving forward, earning even MORE money that is all extra. My girlfriend and I will be moving into a house in the middle of next year, and we both have a great amount of money saved towards that already. I have investments, retirement already started, and my own savings to all keep me afloat if anything really bad came up in life. I feel like driving a loud, red Mustang is just very unprofessional of me. :shrug: If I had something that looked really nice and was nice and stock, I feel like it would make great first impressions on all the music industry folks I meet on a weekly basis. I just want something nice, simple, but has great reliability, and a warranty preferably!

lol Jeff....life should be the best its been! lol My life got better and better each year....and actually became the "worst" (still could be worse) after i graduated and actually had a degree. You cant always see the bumps coming along....but it seems like you are off to a great start. And i can understand a loud red mustang not being ideal for your professional career...I still wouldnt vote to splurge on a more expensive car. You still like the hobby right? So get something classy...maybe an older nissan, or a Ford LS. Then again....you want a warranty, which automatically puts you at a certain build year and price stand point.

I do have to say...after you discussed the professional aspect....a s197, GTO, etc dont really fit that bill IMO either.

Decisions...decisions....decisions!

I found myself in the same spot last year. I ended up getting an 07 Milan v6. Its a good looking car, quick enough when needed, and comfortable. I got the thing in March this year with 45k on the clock for around 13,500.

Well, I just got news today. :nice: My band is preparing to sign a decent distribution deal, putting our EP in stores worldwide. The money will be a huge increase, so I'm gonna sit on some thoughts for the next 6 months or so. By that time, my girlfriend and I will have picked out a house more than likely, and I'll have all my other bills sorted out and prepared to pay. If it turns out that I have the extra money for a car payment, I'll be picking up a 2006 GTO. :nice: The Mustang will stay in the garage, too! So it'll finally be able to get what I really want for it in the future (Dart stroker with a Vortech). :D Those who mentioned the GTO really turned me onto those cars. For the price, they definitely are a whole lot of car! Thanks for all the suggestions, guys! :flag:

Well, I just got news today. :nice: My band is preparing to sign a decent distribution deal, putting our EP in stores worldwide. The money will be a huge increase, so I'm gonna sit on some thoughts for the next 6 months or so. By that time, my girlfriend and I will have picked out a house more than likely, and I'll have all my other bills sorted out and prepared to pay. If it turns out that I have the extra money for a car payment, I'll be picking up a 2006 GTO. :nice: The Mustang will stay in the garage, too! So it'll finally be able to get what I really want for it in the future (Dart stroker with a Vortech). :D Those who mentioned the GTO really turned me onto those cars. For the price, they definitely are a whole lot of car! Thanks for all the suggestions, guys! :flag:

first off, congrats man! Do you have any performances on youtube or anything?

And yes, the GTO is a lot of car for what you get. It takes a lot of $$$$ to build something similar IMO. The motor, trans, and interior finish is simply amazing.

ProKiller, we play metal, pretty much. Tried to stick with some more common thrash metal, but over the past few months, compared to our EP, our music has gotten a bit more technical, and a bit more straightforward at the same time. We're called Alter Reign.

nmcgrawj, no idea, to be honest! :rlaugh: I don't run any of the online stuff. I'm just the guy that runs the LLC side of everything. Taxes, keeping track of finances, cell phone, banking, etc, etc. AKA I'm the guy who gets bitched at to get off the computer here and there from my girlfriend. :rlaugh: Hopefully we can get this deal squared away in the next few weeks and see what type of reaction (money!) we can pull in from around the world. Record contract to follow up with would be nice, too. :nice:

Edit! Just noticed we have two videos on YouTube of us, both of which are pretty atrocious IMO! Haha, we're playing a three day festival next month so I'll be sure and get some videos there and keep everyone posted. :nice:

If you find a Mustang that is still in Ford Warranty (3/36,000) you can get Fords ESP warranty. We did that on our truck, extended it to 60,000 miles of Premium warranty for about $700. If you get you Mustang from a dealer, you could get them to put that warranty in the deal for you.
I think the used mustang market is really screwed up at the moment. With the deals you can get on New 2010's, yet people seem to ask crazy money for 2007's, 2008's etc. I'm sure there are great deals to be had and your 20,000 budget is ideal. My local Ford dealership has just dropped the price of all it's used Mustangs and I'm tempted myself by a few, all in the 20,000 area.
Also consider speaking to your bank about a loan. Again if you buy from a Ford dealership, your bank will give you a better rate than if you buy private or non Ford/Dodge/Toyota etc type dealership. If you get finance from the dealer, they ad points to make more money out of you. Not always that bad as you can negotiate with this and haggle more on the cars price because of that.

Either way, go Mustang!!!!

Just spotted your last thread!!! Congrats and keeping the mustang and going GTO is a good move.