Possible Suspension Problem

MidnightGT

Mar 30, 2005
First ill give the story.

I was driving on the expressway (express lane) doing about 75. A old man, was cut off in the lane next to mine (and nearly hit), so he swerved into my lane. Big Mistake. I swerved out of his way, but being in the expresslane my space was limited. I neared the wall, and was forced to slam on my brakes knowing that nobody was behind me. As I slam on my brakes, I hear my sub box (contains 2 12" subs) slide back and hit the upper sway bar (what I assume to be functioning as the sway bar). It is the long piece that holds the 2 factory mach amps up in the trunk. After It hit, I heard to loud booms. The only :nice: was that I didnt hit anyone (nor did anyone else) so everyone ended safely. Guess thats most important.

However that sway bar became very very loose. I can grab at it and shake it up and down. I also noticed that turns become very awkward. I then kinda forgot about the problem for a day or two. Later I was with my freind in an empty parking lot, and went to do a donut. Big Mistake. You literally heard my back two tires hopping up and down throughout the 180 i did. Only a 180 as the problem became evident right away.

How can I fix this....Any insight?
If we get through this, ill buy everyone a round. :cheers:

• Sponsors (?)

It's kind of hard to help when you don't even tells us what you're driving.

On my 02 GT with the Mach 1000 stereo, all that is in the trunk is a shelf. It is not part of the suspension. I took mine out. Got to have room for the golf clubs. :banana:

Jakes said:
It's kind of hard to help when you don't even tells us what you're driving.

On my 02 GT with the Mach 1000 stereo, all that is in the trunk is a shelf. It is not part of the suspension. I took mine out. Got to have room for the golf clubs. :banana:
Sorry, it's a 1999 Mustang GT. Mach 460. I thought that the "shelf" you are refering to is functional in the suspension. Isnt this the an upper sway? :shrug: Sorry if I am sounding dumb, but thats the impression I was under, and someone else agreed with my when it was mentioned. :bang: