Post all the weird things you do on a daily basis....

• Sponsors (?)

Oh, wow. Do we REALLY wanna open up this can o' worms with my weird habits? *sigh* Okay, let the list begin:

1. I do the same steering-wheel-must-be-straight thing when I park. When parking, I also have to be perfectly straight and centered in my parking spot - public or private. My seatbelt must be fully retracted before exiting (I HATE it when people just leave it dangling and the old retractor springs don't suck it back in), the stereo must be turned down below 10 and started on a new track, and the faceplate gets removed anytime I step outta the car, except to gas up.
2. I have a specific go-to-sleep ritual: check the alarm clock twice, kick shorts off into corner of room, fold back corner of blankies/sheets, lay on bed to crack back both ways, crack neck both ways, then snooze for 30 minutes on top of covers before crawling underneath (unless it's hot).
3. I have been known to clean sinks/mirrors randomly at work after using them, even though I, too, share the same germ phobia mentioned above. Since I've begun working in the healthcare field, I'm twice as paranoid about cooties than I ever was, before.
4. I will spend at least 30 minutes a day organizing my immediate work area so that everything's neat and easily within reach. If I get moved to another section, the process starts again.
5. I spend more time laying out my materials and whatnot than I actually do with drawing blood. Normally, the time taken is about the same for both, but I spend probably 5 minutes arranging crap and then 30-60 seconds actually doing the draw.
6. I will make a point of only picking up face-up pennies and making a wish on it before sticking it in my pocket. (More of a superstition, really, but a little bit weird, anyway.)
7. I wash all of my dishes immediately after using them, and wipe up every crumb/spot left behind on the counter. Same applies to pots/pans/etc. used in preparing food. I HATE dirty dishes left in the sink. I've had soooooo many disagreements with m'lady over this.
8. I will detail my car's interior at stoplights, and the exterior at gas stations ... even if the weather outside sucks.
9. I check my two e-mail accounts and MySpace at least five times a day, even though hardly anyone (aside from spammers) write me ... sometimes within a 30-minute period. Y'know, 'cause I'm pathetic like that. *sniffle, mope* :(
10. I always eat my food in a specific order - not a certain set pattern, I mean, just that I only eat one thing at a time, and always in the same order if I'm having the same meal later on. Like at Fazoli's, with that Classic Sampler thing, it's always: fettucini, spaghetti, Dasani water, then breadsticks.
11. I always put my CD's/DVD's right-side-up when reinserting them into their cases/sleeves. Y'know, with the print straight so you can read it without turning it around in your hands or tilting your head. I even do this at night when I drive, relying upon streetlights, the dash light, or even sometimes turning on the dome light.
12. I clean my shoes at work with when I'm bored. Alcohol gauze pads not only sterilize puncture sites, but they work nicely for taking black scuffs from my clutch/brake pedals off my white sneakers. :D (And, for the record, I HATE white sneakers, but the job requires 'em.)
13. I line up all chairs straight and push them back in any time I get up. I think this goes back to when I failed to do so a long time ago as a kid and I tripped over it and cracked my eyebrow open on the corner of a desk at school. (Might also be brain damage, who knows?) ;)

I'll just leave it at 13 for now ... 'cause, y'know, that's a creepy number n' stuff. And it's 31 backwards. And it's the number of my house lot. And ... well, anyway...

Darkwriter77 said:
Oh, wow. Do we REALLY wanna open up this can o' worms with my weird habits? *sigh* Okay, let the list begin:

1. I do the same steering-wheel-must-be-straight thing when I park. When parking, I also have to be perfectly straight and centered in my parking spot - public or private. My seatbelt must be fully retracted before exiting (I HATE it when people just leave it dangling and the old retractor springs don't suck it back in), the stereo must be turned down below 10 and started on a new track, and the faceplate gets removed anytime I step outta the car, except to gas up.
2. I have a specific go-to-sleep ritual: check the alarm clock twice, kick shorts off into corner of room, fold back corner of blankies/sheets, lay on bed to crack back both ways, crack neck both ways, then snooze for 30 minutes on top of covers before crawling underneath (unless it's hot).
3. I have been known to clean sinks/mirrors randomly at work after using them, even though I, too, share the same germ phobia mentioned above. Since I've begun working in the healthcare field, I'm twice as paranoid about cooties than I ever was, before.
4. I will spend at least 30 minutes a day organizing my immediate work area so that everything's neat and easily within reach. If I get moved to another section, the process starts again.
5. I spend more time laying out my materials and whatnot than I actually do with drawing blood. Normally, the time taken is about the same for both, but I spend probably 5 minutes arranging crap and then 30-60 seconds actually doing the draw.
6. I will make a point of only picking up face-up pennies and making a wish on it before sticking it in my pocket. (More of a superstition, really, but a little bit weird, anyway.)
7. I wash all of my dishes immediately after using them, and wipe up every crumb/spot left behind on the counter. Same applies to pots/pans/etc. used in preparing food. I HATE dirty dishes left in the sink. I've had soooooo many disagreements with m'lady over this.
8. I will detail my car's interior at stoplights, and the exterior at gas stations ... even if the weather outside sucks.
9. I check my two e-mail accounts and MySpace at least five times a day, even though hardly anyone (aside from spammers) write me ... sometimes within a 30-minute period. Y'know, 'cause I'm pathetic like that. *sniffle, mope* :(
10. I always eat my food in a specific order - not a certain set pattern, I mean, just that I only eat one thing at a time, and always in the same order if I'm having the same meal later on. Like at Fazoli's, with that Classic Sampler thing, it's always: fettucini, spaghetti, Dasani water, then breadsticks.
11. I always put my CD's/DVD's right-side-up when reinserting them into their cases/sleeves. Y'know, with the print straight so you can read it without turning it around in your hands or tilting your head. I even do this at night when I drive, relying upon streetlights, the dash light, or even sometimes turning on the dome light.
12. I clean my shoes at work with when I'm bored. Alcohol gauze pads not only sterilize puncture sites, but they work nicely for taking black scuffs from my clutch/brake pedals off my white sneakers. :D (And, for the record, I HATE white sneakers, but the job requires 'em.)
13. I line up all chairs straight and push them back in any time I get up. I think this goes back to when I failed to do so a long time ago as a kid and I tripped over it and cracked my eyebrow open on the corner of a desk at school. (Might also be brain damage, who knows?) ;)

I'll just leave it at 13 for now ... 'cause, y'know, that's a creepy number n' stuff. And it's 31 backwards. And it's the number of my house lot. And ... well, anyway...

thats like a disease.. it was a special on MTV i cant remember tho

EDIT: OCD.. (Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder)

1990Coupe said:
thats like a disease.. it was a special on MTV i cant remember tho

EDIT: OCD.. (Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder)
Yeah, just about every person who's posted in this thread has it.

I have a mild case of it when it comes to certain things, but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

lol, let's see...

1)when i wake up (to the alarm on my phone) i always hit the end button 9 times to be REALLY sure that my alarm is off.

2) when done using my drill at work, i always take the extension and nutdriver off when putting it back. it doesn't even matter if it's coming back out 30 seconds later, i just do it.

3) when i had my aero, (like others), i used to point all my HVAC controls up, but now since im in my 86, i do things different. i have a ford keychain that reste on the middle peg of the hvac controls, when i use the controls, the keychain comes off until i park my car, then all my hvac pegs go all the way down, and the keychain goes back on.

4) i never use question marks, i either use the shrug smiley, or do the "..." wherever else doesn't have smileys (like texting)

5) whenever i leave my car, the volume HAS to be set at 9, and i have to hit nine on the way down. if i go past it, then i turn the volume back up and try to land 9 again.

6) whenever i leave my computor to do something other then going to the bathroom, i turn it off. and not just switch it off, i mean file/shut down, and i don't leave the comp until the screen goes black, then i can shut it and leave.

7) i can't go to bed until i click my heels 3 time like dorithey lol, i don't know why, but i do (don't make fun of me)

i have more, but those are just ones that stick out.

I have this weird thing about not stepping on the cracks in the sidewalk, lines between tiles, seams in the carpet, doorways. The air vents in the car/truck HAVE to be straight at all times. Both front seats have to be in the same position. If one sunvisor is down, both must be down. When the windows are partly down, they have to be the same distance down, which is especially hard to do in a crew cab truck. The steering wheel has to be straight when parked. Every one of these posts are spelled correctly (I blame this on being in spelling bees when I was younger). I guess I am stuck on things being even and straight. This also goes for my drawings at work. If there are 5 dimensions on one side of a part, there must be 5 on the other side and all views must be straight with one another. People have told me that when I talk, it looks like I repeat the words that had spoken to them silently. Weirdness......

1.) i have the same morning routine that i do not ever deviate from: get up, let dogs out, go piss and then get dog food in bowls, let dogs back in to eat, then back out. while their out ill go turn the shower on and brush my teeth. before i get in the shower i let dogs back in. when im done with shower i dry my upper body off in shower, lower body when i get out. then put on deodorant and clean up ears.

2.) at night i also check my alarm 2-3 times after i set it, pop my fingers, and then fall sleep

3.) only use certain silverware(have 2 sets in drawer mixed together)

4.) always get to school like 45 mins before class for no reason. i guess im afraid of being late?

5.) when i smoked cigs, and i was in the car, i was always super conscience when flicking it out the window. i always thought it would come back in

im sure there are other stuff, but i cant remember right now:shrug:

ryan218 said:
yeah but when i move the car to do the yard work or anything, i always make sur eto do that. last time i push in the brake and shoved the gear shift up and it went into netrual. :rolleyes: and started rolling back after i shut the door. luckly i saw the car coming :rolleyes: or else i would been the dead kid walking.
Were the keys in the ignition while it was rollong or no?

Darkwriter77 said:

damn, and i thought i was the only one that did that!!!! :nono:

I do the same wierd things with the vents and hvac controls. Also, when I park on the street or in a lot, the car has to be perfectly centered in a stall. If I get out, glance back, and notice it's not centered, I hop back in and move it. It's kind of odd, but I never even think about it when I do that. Just a force of habit.

I always lock the doors with the button on the door but unlock with the remote, even if im already in the car.

I always turn off the hvac controls.

When im driving and its raining i turn the radio down.

I have a morning routine i almost always follow.

Im sure theres more but i dont remmber right now, i guess i have some ocd but it beats the add the rest of my family has.