Post Count - Doesn't always update... Why?

• Sponsors (?)

Because for some reason they want it to work that way, not that it is malfunctioning or anything... Some have said they didnt want people who post to be looked at as veterans because they only post in "talk" sections. But that is just what I heard, I am sure the admins can explain better of course.

Personally of my opinion, it doesnt make sense to me at all. Why should a person who doesnt want to talk technical not get a post count? Like if I am not modifying my car at the moment, what I say doesnt matter. But again that is just my opinion... This is the only forum I have ever been a member of in the many forums that has ever done something like this... But I guess what can you do??? Oh well... Still have to talk about Mustangs and the like...

it is like that because some people use the forums like a chat room and post about 100 times per hour. go to the wild horse saloon, err, i think it is called the stangnet daycare center now, and look at some threads. people post left and right there. 3 replys in the same minute and things like that.

bigcat said:
it is like that because some people use the forums like a chat room and post about 100 times per hour. go to the wild horse saloon, err, i think it is called the stangnet daycare center now, and look at some threads. people post left and right there. 3 replys in the same minute and things like that.

Wow, gawd forbid people chat on a forum? Give me a break, I have seen the most useless posts in the threads that do add to post count... I say why have it at all???:shrug:

Mickey21 said:
Wow, gawd forbid people chat on a forum? Give me a break, I have seen the most useless posts in the threads that do add to post count... I say why have it at all???:shrug:
i was not saying it is bad, i was stating a fact that some people post like it is a chat room. and talk posts do not count--maybe for this reason, maybe not. why are you getting all defensive about it?

Big-Foot said:
Hi - okay - That is just a little odd... I've looked for an FAQ on the subject and did searches, but haven't found anything tangible on the subject. Any idea why it works that way???

Thanks!

It works that way to prevent people from trying to amass a huge post count.
SN doesn't care if you have 2000 "Yep", "cool", etc style posts.