POST HERE IF YOU DRIVE AN AUTO

• Sponsors (?)

2 '95 GTs in the driveway here, both auto, one a vert, one coupe.

My coupe is completely stock - except for intake and exhaust, right to the 2.73's on the rear. (SIG). Fine for me, my leftknee got smashed to pieces as a kid playing hockey. This summer I tore my rotator cuff. Yup. Could stull drive.

My son owns the vert. He put in 3.73's, a Ford 3200 stall, Flowmasters (but he has full catted pipes) a Lentech valve body, and a B&M rachet shifter. His other moda are FRP pulleys, and subframes. He completely destroys '95 GT 5 speeds at the track that are similary equipped (Flows, pulleys and 3.73). At 6'2" and 280 lbs with the Mach 500 stereo, A/C and full leather to boot, he is a scratch under 14 seconds on all season radials on a crappy track (Luskville, Quebec).

This spring he will add a new valvetrain and a cam, a tranny cooler and a TwEECer - which, by the way, allows you to make changes in the control of the AODE.

As far as I have seen, the AODE is far stonger tan the 5 speed for handling HP.

In either case, we are far happier with the autos. Not only that, but there is a nice race-built C4 tranny in the back shed, just in case...:hail2:

I am not a loser and I have an auto. It is sure nice when traffic is moving slow on the highway or streets. Besides like some of the experts here have already said you can build up the AODE very nice.

its all personal preference, my 95 has an AODE which isn't horrible by any means but I personally prefer driving a manual especially since it's not a daily driver.....i'm collecting parts for the swap as we speak. I definately cant knock it since the car went 14.9 stock minus bumped timing and removed air silencer, 100k miles and no tune up yet.

I have own two 95 GT's: 1 aode, 1 t-5. Stock vs. stock, no question the t-5 car was faster and more fun to drive. BUT the aode is better in traffic, easy to drive, and can be easily modded. Just the addition of the transgo kit was a great improvement.

auto owner. completely stock except for wires/plugs. tranny has shifted like crap since new. was replaced 4 times under ford warranty. car only has 35,000 on it now. when pedal is floored tranny seems very confused when to shift. also if you kick it down it seems to take forever to pick right gear. is this normal for stang autos?

I agree with Grady, It's what you want. I have a aode with a 2300 stall and a the valve pressure raised and it hits second just as hard as if it had a shift.
I drive a jeep daily and it's so nice to get in the auto and cruiz. There are some times I'd like to go through a gear box with something more than the 258 straight six in the jeep. If you go with a stall, go higher than I did. I am wishing I had went 3000 but I'll wait until I tear something up before I pull the tranny again.

of course you'll get people that will knock the auto, and quite frankly, they couldnt be any more stuck up in their opinions. they are usually the guy that will say every car sucks besides their own just because its not theirs ( aka all those vettes, vipers, and supras that will walk all over them) so basically, no, you wouldnt be the loser that drives the auto GT stang. as far as performance goes, if you just want a cheap fun car to drive on the streets, maybe a stick would be the way to go, but if you are looking for track duty or just like to cruise the auto is more than fine. i have a 94 auto vert and personally am a little unimpressed with the basically stock form. nonetheless i love my car and wouldnt trade it for another stick car ever. i have had little luck with getting the auto to drive perfect to my liking and have had it serviced multiple times, but thats just MY luck, most guys dont have these tragic problems. my spring break plan is to install the t-5 as a swap instead of have the trans serviced again, but this is more out of personal preference than anything alse. but just a warning as others have said, the aod-e in stock form especially on a heavy vert is a dog with the stock 2.73 rear gears, stock stall on the converter, and no shift kit, so be ready to invest a little money if performance is your thing. (is it over.. finally???:rlaugh: )

I've owned both and I've kicked more than one butt while driving an auto. Most yahoos with a stick smoke the clutch or the tires at the line, then they loose. Others shift too soon or miss the shift all together. It takes pratice to launch and shift a stick well. Don't get me wrong, I love driving a stickshift and as an old guy can do it well, but when I was 20 I smoked a lot of tires and clutches.

I thought about doing a t-5 swap, then realized that i would just end up spending all the money on that, then replacing that when it goes. Since most people i know seem to have problems with t-5s and go with a tremec. So for that much money you can have a really nice auto that will be just as fast.

I like the auto, would like a 5-speed due to personal preference (funner to driver), but I am by no means a loser.

I do remember one time me and a buddy went on a date with these 2 girls. One got in the car and said "THIS IS AN AUTO!? What a waste of a Mustang."

She took 5 fingers to the face. :D