Post pics of how your foxbody currently sits

11167800_10203873250568008_3071052427648484184_n.jpg

Was the only pushrod powered fox in a 50 car cruise last night. Only 1 other fox, and it was a coyote swap.

It was a pretty neat event, I had the privilege of riding along. Lot of really nice cars! X2 on the techno, LOL. :ack:

• Sponsors (?)

I finally fixed this.... both sides were like this and it took me a lot longer than expected to resolve.
ugh_zpspslwnh2v.jpg

After, car is still in the shop awaiting rack limiters and some new door belt moldings.
It may not be perfect but it looks a million times better so I will take it!
IMG_1684_zpsuyrzq92s.jpg

Basically I took them off completely, cleaned everything up and sprayed some wd-40 to make re-installation a bit easier. Once I got them back into place I began at the front and worked back installing all the screws, checking often to make sure nothing "popped out" of the mounting rails.

All told it took me nearly 3 hours, I am no body guy so I went extra slow and was as cautious as I could be.

@84Ttop So when the car came down on the oil pan savers, does that energy get completely absorbed by them, or do you run the risk of damaging the K member too?
The pan savers are the rounded bars that are seen on the bottom of the rear kmember where it meets the frame rail. Since the car is moving forward when it comes down it is more of a glancing blow than anything. The headers have some dings in them but the oil pan is untouched, the pan savers are missing some paint but are otherwise perfect. Short of dropping the car from a C130 these certainly do the trick!

Reactions: 2 users