Post pics of how your foxbody currently sits

• Sponsors (?)

IMG_1294.JPG

FINALLY, we have paint :banana::banana:

Reactions: 6 users
Wanted to give a shout out and a thank you to fellow member Davedacarpainter, for being gracious and kind enough to offer his expertise and knowledge. I wasn't sure the base color would hide the wet sand scratches, after two coats they were still very noticeable. While trying to hide my concern, I could see the worry in my sons face. I thought if I could reach Dave, he'd have the answer. Sure enough he did, as long as the scratches were made with the right grit sandpaper (400) the clear coat will cover them. Another great tip was using a bright light to go around the car and check for places that may not have gotten complete coverage of paint, once again great tip, cause I found some holidays.

On another note, I'll never forget the experience of painting the car with my son. He gets distracted and bored sometimes with all the work and preparation involved in something like this, but he was front and center yesterday. I always tell him, the work part sucks sometimes, but it's necessary to get a favorable result. Seeing his excitement and appreciation was the icing on the cake.

Reactions: 3 users
Wanted to give a shout out and a thank you to fellow member Davedacarpainter, for being gracious and kind enough to offer his expertise and knowledge. I wasn't sure the base color would hide the wet sand scratches, after two coats they were still very noticeable. While trying to hide my concern, I could see the worry in my sons face. I thought if I could reach Dave, he'd have the answer. Sure enough he did, as long as the scratches were made with the right grit sandpaper (400) the clear coat will cover them. Another great tip was using a bright light to go around the car and check for places that may not have gotten complete coverage of paint, once again great tip, cause I found some holidays.

On another note, I'll never forget the experience of painting the car with my son. He gets distracted and bored sometimes with all the work and preparation involved in something like this, but he was front and center yesterday. I always tell him, the work part sucks sometimes, but it's necessary to get a favorable result. Seeing his excitement and appreciation was the icing on the cake.
Dave is a very selfless person and he's a great addition to this site. I always love hearing stories of Father/Son projects like @Boosted92LX did and now you are making some memories yourself. I grew up being my Dads helper with body work and painting cars (side jobs my Dad did for extra $) and I loved every bit of it. He was always very patient with me even when I wet sanded through the clear on a black Corvette (I was 12 y/o). I now look forward to doing this with my Son one day, he's only 8 right now.

Good luck with assembly and be CAREFUL with the new paint.

Dave is a very selfless person and he's a great addition to this site. I always love hearing stories of Father/Son projects like @Boosted92LX did and now you are making some memories yourself. I grew up being my Dads helper with body work and painting cars (side jobs my Dad did for extra $) and I loved every bit of it. He was always very patient with me even when I wet sanded through the clear on a black Corvette (I was 12 y/o). I now look forward to doing this with my Son one day, he's only 8 right now.

Good luck with assembly and be CAREFUL with the new paint.

Thanks.

I couldn't agree more about Dave, I know lots of folks who are selfish when it comes to sharing a learned skill. Though I've never met Dave, but I think he'd make a great friend. I know what you mean about father and son projects, they remind me of the times past and present I've shared with my father and all the memories. I know you never forget those times, they are special. One thing I remember lots of people telling me about my kids, " they grow up right in front of you " Truer words have never been spoken, I don't where it's gone, but it seems like a flash. Before you know it, you and your son will be doing your project.

Reactions: 1 users
Now this is nothing to the level of Dave, but I took the week off and decided play around with the car a little First item was to cover up the hole where the airbox was on the passenger side fenderwell. I readily admit I suck at bodywork but figured it is reversable and inside the engine bay.. Have a total of $15 in it...

Keep the laughter to a minimum please..

Existing Hole
20161227_152831.jpeg

cardboard template
20161227_152835.jpeg

fit to size
20161227_152858.jpeg

used a piece of scrap sheet metal laying around
20161227_152923.jpeg

trimmed and test fit
20161227_152949.jpeg

prepped, sanded, rattle can primer, paint, and clear
20161227_161259.jpeg

my ghetto paint oven
20161227_162047.jpeg

installed using dum dum adhesive
20161228_115756.jpeg
20161228_115802.jpeg
20161228_115819.jpeg

Don't think it ca,me out half bad? Certainly not on par with a Scott Rond panel but I can live with it.

Brake job done. A month later. Kinda. I suspect I got some pesky air in front calipers that won't come out. Gonna have to bleed them up with a block of wood

But halo headrests in, fixed sagging map pockets, and new door weatherstripping. Oh, ac compressor back in too

IMG_9370.JPG

Reactions: 5 users