43.6 KB · Views: 70
  • DSC00219.jpg
    DSC00219.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 73
  • DSC00220.jpg
    DSC00220.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 73
  • Sponsors (?)

They're a work in progress. I believe Scott Drake (maker of A LOT of repro. items for older Stangs) makes the running pony emblem with a 4.6 on top.
However, since the original cars only had cubic inches I opted not to get those. Instead I got a pair of 289s that had mis-painted bars on them for
cheap on ebay, filled in most of the 9, used the old Dremel and next they're getting re-chromed. This is where I am so far...

View attachment 399339

I don't have it like this any more, but used some primer, model paint, and lots of clear, held up longer than the pony did Siliconed to my grille.

633801_71_full.jpg

Ya can't really see it but I added a bit of grey to the mane, tail, and hooves... and obviously it's ebil with the red eye ;)

Wow i really like that a lot. I might pick up a pair. I'm just concerned about the size. I wsant them to stay roughly the same size as the V6 emblems i have now.

I just would like the 4.6 or 281 on them so i don't have to hear the "Is that a V6" comments anymore.

Too bad no companies make a 281. You would think they would considering they make them for every other displacement.

Attachments

• C7ZZ-16228-4.6.jpg
    C7ZZ-16228-4.6.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 103
Wow i really like that a lot. I might pick up a pair. I'm just concerned about the size. I wsant them to stay roughly the same size as the V6 emblems i have now.

I just would like the 4.6 or 281 on them so i don't have to hear the "Is that a V6" comments anymore.

Too bad no companies make a 281. You would think they would considering they make them for every other displacement.

The 289 one that I'm converting to 281 is a tad bigger, not just in height but all-around. The extra size might also act as a V-6 question deterrent :nice: . It did have different posts on the back that I had to cut off but it is metal which makes it a little heavier-duty.

Speaking of "classic" emblems...this is what I used to have (sorry 'bout the crappy pic). It was originally a fender emblem from a '66 Mustang GT...

IMG_0531a.jpg

View attachment 397247

The 289 one that I'm converting to 281 is a tad bigger, not just in height but all-around. The extra size might also act as a V-6 question deterrent :nice: . It did have different posts on the back that I had to cut off but it is metal which makes it a little heavier-duty.

Speaking of "classic" emblems...this is what I used to have (sorry 'bout the crappy pic). It was originally a fender emblem from a '66 Mustang GT...

View attachment 397159

I had bought those too off eBay, but to everyone who buys a Scott Drake emblem, beware: the rear of the emblem is not totally flat like the newer body emblems. Meaning, you'd have to fill in the back of the emblem with bodyfiller or something similar, sand it down, and then put on the two way stick tape to mount it. Furthermore, the mounting posts on the back don't match the new body Mustangs, nor is the post diameter the same size.

Rather than go through all the trouble, I returned them.