Potential Race Coming Up 03-04 WRX STI

04YELLOWGT

Jun 29, 2005
Indiana
A friend of mine has an 03-04 WRX Sti. Its been wrecked (by him) and from what I heard hes a poor to average driver. I think I know I would beat him and everyone else dose too but was just wondering how you guys thought Id do aginst him. I have an auto with mods in sig.

All it has Is a turbo timer and a bov which does nothing. The turbo timer I guess lets you add more boost :shrug: I heard hes running 17-18 lbs but thats without a tune, which I would think you would need on that car just like ours.

• Sponsors (?)

Dont screw the launch and your golden. :nice: .

BTW a turbo timer just lets the engine run a for a preset time after you pull the key from the ignition to allow the turbos time to cool down were you running it hard moments before, and you can go do what you need to W/O having to set there and wait.

he is using an Access Port that allows him to upload tunes given his mods, or create custom ones if he has the street-tuner software. without the software, he has to find tunes and upload them(cobb tuning has alot of them).

the ECU controls boost, and different tunes have different boost parameters based on mods(turbo, fuel, etc)

a Turbo Timer lets the car idle after the owner decides to shut it down. most times this is highly unecessary even for turbos that are only Oil Cooled(most turbos are oil+water cooled). the only time i see it useful is at a track, where youre likely to run the turbo hard, then park it right afterwards. doing so will cook the oil in the turbo, meaning next time you run the turbo could potentially blow. though if you get on it, say 2 minutes from your house, then drive casually home, by the time you park, the turbo will be back to normal operating temps.

from a dig, a wrx/sti will get you till about 1/8mi, when they will run out of steam and you will catch up and take the lead.

From a roll, you will win. especially with your SC vs him. you will rape.

hes got a bit done it sounds, but theyre nothing like an Evo/Dsm/srt4 when it comes to bolt-ons/upping boost.

sweet like I said i figured id beat him but hes still talkin s**t that he'll still beat me.

What would it take for him to beat me.

Oh by the way Im putin on an MPH 4" boost pipe this week too.

he would need quite a bit of top end.

my buddy has a 20g'd 06 WRX with support mods. he barely inched away from a Stage1 SRT4, and barely walked even me. if i had even gears it would probably be a different story, let alone a power adder.

while it should be an easy win. Truth is if he is a better driver you might get owned. He is been cocky play into it get him overconfident then SQUASH him. I raced an sti with an assortment of hopups on it. I had him easily by 2 cars.

there not that fast i have beat one it was 04 sti with full exhuast a chip and a k$n filter. it was from a roll and i had him by a fend alteast i really though he would have had me but he might have been a bad driver too since he was the only one i raced. on and at the time i had a xpipe with and cat back and jlt ram air

i raced a STI with a lot done to it, and he was a really *****ty driver, he ran low 14's and i ran a 12.63. i thought it would be a much closer race! but right after that i got my ass handed to me by a bad ass evo! i still ran a 12.70 though!