Powdercoating headers?

• Sponsors (?)

I work at a paint store. I get those everyday. lol

Some lady called the other day and tole me her wallpaper wasnt sticking to her paneling. When i asked her if it was primed she did not know. I was telling her that if its just wood, then its not primed, but if it look painted then it is primed/painted.

She told me she would have to call me back. :doh:

lol, that comforted me.

I know how tedious it can be dealing with stupid people. Check it out:

I'm a personal banker at Capital One Bank.

customer: "Do I have to order checks?"

me: "no, you don't have to. "

customer: "so I won't get any?"

me: "you get 5 temp. checks, but if you want more, you have to place an order."

customer: "so I do have to place an order?"

me: "if you need some then yes, you would need to place an order."

customer: "but do I have to?"

me: "no sir, you don't have to! Sir, will you be needing checks?"

customer: "yes"

me: "well then, I can place the order for you right now."

customer: "but do I HAVE to order them?"

Me: "no sir, it's not a requirement but since you'll be needing some for your business, I'd recommend for you to place an order."

customer: "so I do have to order them? and if I don't order them I won't receive them right?"

*at this point I'm ready to slap him across the face and have him apologize to me for asking the same stupid question over and over*

me: "correct sir, we would HAVE to place an order, I can place the order for you right now."

customer: "so I call the number on the brochure?"

me: "no sir, I have access to it on my computer where I can place the order. Will you be taking them, yes or no?!"

customer: " uuuummmm, how much are they?"

me: "we have a business value pack with binder, stamp, and 150 checks for $55. do you want this pack?"

customer: "but I don't have the money on me?"

me: "you just opened your acct with $250, we can charge it from there."

customer: "ok, place the order."

Yeah, there is a paint that contains ceramic particles thats good for like 1200*F, you can get it at any parts store usually. I'd just get a can of that in silver or black. AS for prep, clean them up as much as possible by sanding or sandblasting. Then just paint over the bare metal, I'm pretty sure you don't use any type of primer with these paints, but check the label first to make sure.