Power problems

hskrs10

Dec 21, 2004
Nebraska
I was driving the other day and my volt gauge is running a bit lower then normal but it still runs fine. yesterday I was driving and the speedometer fell to 0 when I gave it gas, I left off to shift and the gauge jumped back up to the speed? then today I was getting off the highway to work and my car died, It did start right back up? I'm thinking maybe a alternator going bad but didnt know if anyone else had similer problems?

I have a 98 GT,

• Sponsors (?)

have you ever seen the movie christine?
thats what it sounds like to me.
haha but really i had similar troubles with my volt gauge being low and my headlights dimming, swapped the alternator and was good as gold. not saying thats FOR SURE the problem...

You could have a few things going on here. A bad regultor in the alt, which explains the low volts... Then the speed sensor could be going bad or went bad b/c of low voltage. Take the alt off and take it to be tested.

Yup, same happened here with the terminals, would cause some strange things like the abs light going off when launching the car at a light and random misfires and even the car stalling/dying at strange times. It must be either in the battery have bad terminals, not holding a charge or the alt. dying.