Power steering help - ASAP

Power steering HELP

Ok, so I have been loosing power steering fluid fast over the past 4 months or so. Every time it is low, i fill it back up to the max line and then within 3-4 days it is at the min line already. Does anyone here have a diagram that shows how and where all of the ps lines run? I need to find this leak. I have an idea of where it is coming from but i want to make sure that I am looking in the right spot. If you guys need it, i can go take pictures of where I believe it is leaking so that you can further assist me in fixing the problem. I would really like to be able to fix the problem myself but im not sure if I can. So any help that all of you can provide will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Ron

• Sponsors (?)

This is where I believe the leak is:

P1010018.jpg

if that is the place, then where is the leak coming from?? And how would i fix it??

The first thing I would check is the resevoir. Make sure it hasn't cracked. Get the car off the ground and clean all of the leaked fluid as much as possible with some degreser and a water hose. Maybe have the engine steam cleaned. That way you can get a better idea of where it is leaking.

Pretty darned easy. It's held in by a whopping 4 bolts. Bleeding a power steering system is as easy as turn car on, turn steering wheel all the way right and all the way left. You're done.

It's always a little nerve-rackng if you've never done it before, but get yourself a Haynes manual and you'll be fine. Maybe a 2-hour job you're first time if you have the right tools.

yep everyones right, its the steering rack, happened on my last stang. i didnt do the work my self, my old roommate did it in the driveway. he said it didnt take long to do, either, the part is what is expensive. i think it was like 300-400. i could be wrong, it was a while ago.