Power Steering Issue

Car is a '93 GT. The airbag has been out for a while, so I thought I'd swap in a new Grant steering wheel. Long story short, I took the stock wheel off and found out the Grant isn't fitting. So I put the stock wheel back on and now it feels like I don't have any power steering whatsoever when I drive around. What gives? Any help would be much appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

I had the same problem when I went to install my grant steering wheel and I still dont know what the issue was. I went and installed the steering wheel the first time and I could not turn the wheel whatsoever so I uninstall in and put it back on, this time I didnt crank the nut down as much. Now it would barely turn and at some points it would be free moving (it seemed to bind most of the time). Then I reinstalled the stock wheel and everything was fine. After getting rather fed up I threw the grant on one more time. It was a little tight but it was bearable......until I drove down the street and realized the steering wheel would not return to straight after taking a corner. I had to get home so I carefully drove home like that. By the time I got home the steering wheel was perfectly fine and is to this day. Yes I realize it sounds shady and it kinda scares me but all the bolts are tight and everything is right on the wheel so I guess its ok.