Power Steering Pressure switch

illwood

Apr 3, 2004
Worcester, MA
Does the Power Steering Pressure switch exist on the '94-'95 Mustang GT? For several months now, I have had a problem stalling when turning my wheel when the clutch was in and my foot was off the gas (i.e. parking lots). I was originally thinking that my IAC needed cleaning or replacement, but if this exists it could be the problem (found it in my Haynes Repair Manual).

Anyone heard of it or replaced it?

• Sponsors (?)

Agreed with Chris. I KNOW foxes dont use one, and I dont see why we would either.

If you are rolling when this happens, the VSS and IAC are not working together to keep your rolling idle up. The purpose of the puter bumping a rolling idle is just for an instance like you describe here.

What is your warm idle setting?

Good luck.

Yeah never heard of a Power Steering Pressure switch. But what happens if you disconnect the VSS? I'm planning on doing it this weekend to keep my car's mileage under 5000 to avoid emissions. I'll be driving my car for about another month before I put it away for the winter, but I just don't want to run into any problems.

Dave

Urban is right - the elevated rolling idle goes away. bumping the idle setting up to compensate might help.