Power steering problem? and maybe something wrong with the exhaust.

King Cobra 22

Feb 29, 2004
My car has had this squeaking when I steer... like when I back up in a parking lot etc... I put new power steering fluid in about a month ago.I just checked the fluid tonight and it's black! It also smells burnt. What does this mean is my power steering shot? If so how much is a new one going to cost?

Also, I had an o/r h pipe installed a week ago and and really made the exhaust alot more deeper and louder.Well the other night I went out on a cruise with my friend and there was this pretty big speed bump in a residential area (a little bigger then you average speed bump).I went over it real easy and I hear it hit the exhaust underneath then I had to go over another one with the same thing happening again.Now when I'm at a light with the car at idle you can hear like this little rattle and at certain speeds under certain accleration I can hear a little bit of a small rattle.Most importantly every since that night the exhaust hit the speed bump the exhaust has quieted and mellowed down.It's not as deep and as loud.
Anybody have a clue on what could be wrong with this?

• Sponsors (?)