power steering pump bracket for a 79 stang

79dog

Founding Member
Oct 26, 2002
Sunny Fl.
no a/c, I have looked at elininator kits but, there for 86 to 93. 302 engine
I have a pic of what I'm looking for if you want to see it. I'l just have to post it later if you want. I really need help on this one... a lot of folks are telling me I need to change all my brackets to a 86 to get this to work, I don't believe that's true... can someone help me out here????? Thanks.......

• Sponsors (?)

The non ac ps bracket for a 79 may be a bit hard to find. I never did find one. I used some other style ps pump bracket that bolted to the head and spaced things correctly, etc.

If you don't have ac, any later ps pump bracket will fit and let the belts line up, I think.

smeng1.jpg

Hope that worked....
So Rd. your saying the 86 to 93 eliminator brackets might work?
It's like $45 bucks to find out???? Might be worth it....
Anyway, here's a pic at what I'm looking for.........

I don't remembeer where I got the bracket. It was very much like the one in the photo. I had rounded up several in the course of 4 parts cars, etc, and that one worked. It did clock the filler way up to the top and towards the engine, as well as making the outlet hose high as well. This was a budget deal so if it worked, I did it. The 79-80 ac was the square 2 cyl, and has completely different brackets than the 82 up. The ps one would probably work by itself, but its huge. But from mocking up bits and pieces, it appears the same crank pulley works with all of them, so the front/rear spacing is the same. I have had at least two "custom" length belts. I believe the Ford eliminator kits require some of the original bracket bits and pieces, so investigate first. It is probably a good way to go if you want to keep ps. Mine was temporary, as it was harder to find a manual rack than ps brackets.

Thanks for the replies guys. Retro50, I'll check out some early 80's truck's, thanks. rd, I'll keep doing research...thanks. Any other suggestions are welcome.............thanks again.