Electrical Power Window Help! First Post

ryanpatrick332

Jul 4, 2014
Hey guys. I'm new here so be gentle. I just bought my first Mustang - an 89' vert 5.0. When I bought it (about 3 weeks ago) the passenger side 1/4 window would respond to the 1/4 switch in the backseat but not to the master switch next to the driver seat. It wasn't a huge deal because I could reach into the backseat to raise or lower the window.

Well a couple of days ago, the passenger side 1/4 window stopped responding to the backseat switch, as well. Suspecting a motor issue, I pulled the panel and ran power to the motor and it worked fine.

Okay, good. It's not going to be an expensive fix. But I still don't know whats wrong.

I figured maybe the switches were shot so I changed out the backseat driver side 1/4 window switch with the backseat passenger side 1/4 window switch. That didn't make a difference. Actually it made it worse. Now neither switch will operate either 1/4 window.

I'm lost. Mind you, I don't know much about fuses or relays. Am I missing something? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Help the new guy out!

• Sponsors (?)

Get out a test light and/or a DVM and start tracing the power window power wires to the driver side switch and then from the rear driver switch. When you depress the switch see if you have power. Also check if the window lock out switch on the driver side is working properly.