Power window problem, Just happened!! please help!!

TRIBALMAN23

Feb 23, 2008
I just went for a drive in my 06 GT and the power windows just quit working!!! I checked all of the fuses and none are blown, I pulled them and reinserted them and still nothing. The light for the power windows and door locks on both sides are out. Like I said I was just going down the road with the drivers side about 3 inches down and passenger all of the way up. Any suggestions on what this is? I still have warranty, do I need to waste time going to ford? Any suggestions will help but quick responses are even better seeing as it is dark here and I am needing to go to bed and do not want to leave this all night for someone else to discover. Thanking everyone in advance!!! THANK YOU!!:mad: :nonono: :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

HAHHA That sucks my 97 was famous for it.. PULL the switch out of the door, water may have gotten into it at one point.. Take a hair dryer to it.. or worst case you may have to order a new one... good luck man!

Yes I checked both boxes. And now the radio quit working and then later I checked it again and the radio turned on but no matter how high I turned it up the radio had no sound coming out of the speakers? What the @#$% is going on? I bought this used from one owner, I am the second it only has 26,000 miles on it. Does it have to do with the SHAKER 500 stereo? Some body please help!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Oh forgot to add. Even if water got in to it, (pretty much impossible, scince I do take such good care of it) why would both doors not work even from the passenger side and then the radio act like it is possessed?

It sounds like you did in fact blow a fuse in the SJB because the radio volume and the windows are connected to a 5 amp fuse. You may have missed the fuse while you were checking. The fuse is the very last fuse on the left-bottom as you face the SJB, below a very large relay. The fuse slot next to it is empty.

Look at the picture below. The fuse you need to re-check is the 5 amp fuse to the left of the empty slot with the letter "A". Picture courtesy of DON_W.

Attachments

• DSC06959rev.jpg
    DSC06959rev.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 19,325
Well I rechecked that fuse and still nothing except the radio is dead again!!! I went to ford this morning and they told they could not get to it til Monday! I even checked with other ford dealers near by and they told me the same thing!!! I believe I am getting the run around from ford since it is under warranty and they just do not want to do free work--- which is BULL they should take care of the people that have warranty!!!

Also, check if the carpet under the SJB is wet. If it is, then the water that's leaking inside the car may have dripped onto the SJB, and caused a short in it. If that has happened, then the SJB will probably have to be replaced. Plus, the leak source has to be found and sealed.

Well I rechecked that fuse and still nothing except the radio is dead again!!! I went to ford this morning and they told they could not get to it til Monday! I even checked with other ford dealers near by and they told me the same thing!!! I believe I am getting the run around from ford since it is under warranty and they just do not want to do free work--- which is BULL they should take care of the people that have warranty!!!

You gotta understand that dealers are busy like any other business, it's not that they don't want to work on a warrantied car. Trust me on that. Don't forget that it's easter weekend to boot.. Bad timing for something to go wrong..

Take the Monday appointment and get your electrical gremlin diagnosed. The obvious check has already been offered up. If your 100% positive the fuses are all good, then your next course of action is the dealer, regardless of how far out they schedule you.

I appreciate everyone responses, even though I look for water leaks also I still can't figure out what has happened, and yes I am 100% sure the fuses are good. What else is puzzling me is the radio goes dead to on w/ no sound every time I turn off and on the car. I will just buy a car cover for the next couple of nights to keep any thing getting in the window and have ford fix it.

But if anyone else knows of any thing else I need to look for please fell free to leave a reply, any extra advice is very appreciated!!!

Ford pays the dealer for any work done on your car. So your dealer should be more than happy to do the work. He gets paid. It is Easter weekend and most dealers can't get to something immediately.

I appreciate everyone responses, even though I look for water leaks also I still can't figure out what has happened, and yes I am 100% sure the fuses are good. What else is puzzling me is the radio goes dead to on w/ no sound every time I turn off and on the car. I will just buy a car cover for the next couple of nights to keep any thing getting in the window and have ford fix it.

But if anyone else knows of any thing else I need to look for please fell free to leave a reply, any extra advice is very appreciated!!!

The problems your describing sound like they're related to a leak near the SJB. Even though your carpet may be dry, there's a high possibility that water did get in there. If power to something is intermitant, that usually is the result of a short or corrosion, usually due to water getting to the SJB.

As far as the dealer, you went to the dealer on a holiday, and were told they could get you in the next business day. I personally would not have a problem with that, and actually consider that good service.

Cover her up (or put her in the garage) and wait until Monday morning...check with the dealer to insure you have the first appointment. They'll fix it for you.

Better yet...call the dealer and ask him to put the vehicle inside in one of their bays just before closing.

I really appreciate all of the responses, I love this site and how helpful and knowledgeable everyone is. If I did some how get a little water in there where specifically would I look first and how would I try to fix my problem? Should I use low heat from a hairdryer, or something else? If there is a hole or something of that nature that let water in what should be used to seal it without looking terrible or safe enough to use?

If water had leaked onto the SJB recently, then remove the kick panel's small access cover, and look for water droplets both on the SJB and on the areas above it with a flashlight.
If there are no droplets, then check for water in the carpet by pressing your fingers into it directly under the SJB on both the interior and exterior sides of the kick panel.

I GOT IT!!!!

I GOT IT!!!! It happened to be the - accessory delay fuse - even though I checked every fuse 3 times, this fuse was not completely blown. Hence the reason the radio was going off then on every other time I turned off and on the car. Now what made it blow in the first place was that a I discovered that the previous owner had two wires that ran from the radio and the battery for an amp in the trunk, that were poorly taped on the end with the wire exposed.:nonono: :bang: :chair: After I found the problem I removed the unused wires and replaced the half blown fuse everything went back to normal!!!! YAY!!!:D