PR 4/18/04

• Sponsors (?)

lamrith said:
It's Stanknet, or skanknet if mad matt has been posting..

I have not been to the track in a long while, might even be 2 years now, but my helmet is SNELL90, so I hope that works...

Anyone know what the entry feel is?? for whatching and racing?? Not sure my car is up to racing just yet, got a fuel tank problem to sort out, not even sure she will make the run up there.. But we will see. Maybe make a freeway run tomorrow night and see how she does. heh

I can't make sull speed runs, as I still haev a stock rear int he car, but I can make a few passes maybe.

It will be $25 to race, but you will need a card, too, which is an additional $10 since it will be your first time this year. I think they want the Snell 2000 rating now, but I suspect they will let you go with what you have. If you do not pass tech they will refund your money or give you a rain check. When they ask what you think your car will run, just tell them 14's or that you don't know. If you just watch, I believe the cost is $10.

What do they say if you hit 13's w/ no helmet? I prob wont break out of the 14s (its only my 2nd time at the track!), but I dont have a helmet and $hit happens lol!

You should get into the 13's....you got a modified Cobra!!! I ran a 14.7 with a stock 99 Convertible GT....They will tell you to leave if (when) you get a 13..

Ethereal Zer0 said:
What do they say if you hit 13's w/ no helmet? I prob wont break out of the 14s (its only my 2nd time at the track!), but I dont have a helmet and $hit happens lol! :D

I ran 13's for weeks with no helmet. If it happens, and if you are caught, they might call you to the timing tower to give you a warning. Besides, you are a Mustanger, someone will likely loan you a helmet. Just tell the tech people that you'll run 15's or maybe 14's. They are busy and will pay little attention to you once they have given you the colored dot of approval. Do not say you expect to run 13's.

Let's see, battery hold-down rubber band $4.00, catch can $0. (I've seen coke bottles used). The track is open next weekend too, weather permitting, of course. It will cost you $35. to race the first time, $25. thereafter. Hope to see you there.

R3VO3VOM said:
does anyone want to meet up somewhere around 7:30 and cruise down to the track together? Tarch? Viperos? Fullonfoxbody I know you mentioned something but where is good for you? Kevin your not going right?
Hi yeah, its hard trying to figure out which post to respond to so we can all get organized for this Sunday the 18th. Right now lets meet at the DQ at eastgate off I-90 6am if you want to go eat breakfast first in auburn then head up to the track by 8am if you just want to meet at the gate we will be there at 8am. like i said in the other thread, any other stanger that would like to join in and cruise up to eat then race please come along, everyone try to be at the DQ at 6am sharp will leave by 615am otherwise wont have enough time to eat. John

Hey I will be at the track I am not going to go to the DQ off of i-90 I will stop by the bellevue one off of 8th to see if anyone is there I will be there at 7:30 but will most likely just keep driving if no one is there because it doesn't sound like too many people are going to cruise down together.....anyways as long as the weather is nice I will see everyone tommorow at the track......

Yeah nice to meet you also nd...look forward to seeing you at the future pr days....by the way did they continue racing after I left or did it get rained out?? Sorry I left I had other commitments to get too my uncle had died non expecting....anyways talk to you later.......

yeah R3, after a bit of a wait we all got in another run then all of a sudden since there were fewer people there they had us all go again for a 4th. Time only got some pics of me against the WRX that i smoked, that was fun!
ND did you get the pic i sent you? Also nice meeting the other STangnet guys John and Tyler.