Praise for Mother's Clay Bar

MeanGreen41

Founding Member
Oct 2, 2001
Perry Hall Maryland
WOW!!!!!! Has anyone else used this???? I bought a left over 03 redfire which had been on the dealer's back lot for a few months which is near the beltway, and it was in a couple of snows, so the paint wasn't in the shape to make me happy. The finish was really dry, and felt very gritty, even after I gave it a Meguire's treatment. I was unhappy. But not unhappy enough to take it back to the dealer. So I thought I'd try this first. MAN the car is as smooth as a babies behind now, and looks like it's wet. It was really scary at first with hearing that grit under the clay, but it was beautiful underneath, so I continued on and WOW am I glad........

Thanks Mother's

Bob :banana:

• Sponsors (?)

oh la la, ive never used mothers but i've only heard good about it. my question is

-how often do you use it (like a wax allot or only when needed)
-and if it is abrasive how many times can u use it before its bad for the paint, and does it affect the clear coat at all?

thanks

i like to use it and then put at a couple coats of wax on( i use the sealer& glaze and then the pure carnuba wax from mothers) and that should help it last quit a while if you keep it clean and wax like once a month. i like to redo it when the paint starts to feel not as smooth. after you first do it u'll notice the paint is sooo smooth. also there is a recomendation in the intructions on how moany times to use it i think

clay bars are amazing. they arent an abrasive, they glide across the finish and pull out all the crap that washign leaves behind. you dont have to use them THAT often, you can tell when you need to though. just run your hand across the paint after you wash it. shoudl be smooth