Pre-Paint

• Sponsors (?)

what condition is the paint in now? what do you expect the shop to do before they paint the car? this will help make an apprpriate suggestion....

Well thanks grey! I don't mind the chrome, But I agree it tends to look cleaner black, I'll try them black, Im gonna see if I can get new moulding that is black when I put my power windows in, I wont just paint over it unless I have to.

I'll post pics when I do get around to that project

spiff said:
Well thanks grey! I don't mind the chrome, But I agree it tends to look cleaner black, I'll try them black, Im gonna see if I can get new moulding that is black when I put my power windows in, I wont just paint over it unless I have to.

I'll post pics when I do get around to that project
Awesome, I look forward to it and I Am reallllllly diggin the flat black.

SteedaGT9150 said:
the condition now is bad, clear coat is peeling off, i was thinking of just sanding and primering it flat black but i dont know how that would look
are you going to prime, or is the shop. and i dont mean primer as in the stuff that comes in a spray can, i mean real primer.....

some pics would be better. if the car is rust and dent free, then i would hit it with 180 grit and then prime. block the primer with 320. spend most of your time sanding around the edges, that where most people forget to sand, and it starts to peel from these areas.

we just got a car in the shop that was prepped by the owner and "ready for paint". well about a week later, it is now ready for paint. remember, there can be no shiny spots left on the car before primer. if it shines, it wont stick.