Pre-production 2008 Bullitt on ebay

• Sponsors (?)

That's a great price, really, though. If any Bullitt is going to be worth anything, it'll be that one. Very tempting... must... control... urge....

With no wear on anything, I would assume it was used for dyno, and also probably put on a "treadmill" of sorts, for long periods, probably to test out the new engine features.

According to the auction, it still retains the stock warranty, so yeah, it still has a warranty, but not for long. If you're worried about it, you could buy an extended one, but really, I wouldn't be worried at all. Of course, I'd want to hear it and test drive it before signing all the papers.

52K miles is a lot of driving for 8 months.

That's 216 miles a day!

How do you drive 216 miles at a test facility?? That thing was probably strapped to a dyno and run at WOT for hours at a time.

Yes and no :D

A car like this isn't a one off - the one off cars are destroyed. For example, all the "GT"s running around with boosted 5.4's WILL be destroyed. This one probably had all the PRODUCTION bullitt parts hand fitted... but was (most likely) put together early in the '08 run.

52K miles is a lot of driving for 8 months.

That's 216 miles a day!

How do you drive 216 miles at a test facility?? That thing was probably strapped to a dyno and run at WOT for hours at a time.

The 1pp means it was a car built on the line in a pre job 1 build phase. They often take some of those cars and have people drive them for 6-8 hours/day to get the mileage up to see if any last minute issues come up. So basically, someone drove a loop on public roads around the assembly plant (flatrock, MI) for ~50k miles. That's a lot of Michigan potholes & salt.