Pre Vortech Install Question

goshia

Jul 1, 2005
Mead, Colorado
I am getting ready to install my Vortech SC model # 4FL218-148SQ in my 2004 GT and have a few qestions:
1.) Is there any thing I should be doing inside my engine prior to the install?
2.) Is the battery move easy? I have the mach1000 stereo with the DA subs in the back.
3.) Has any one out there install this model # themself? Pictures it so

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I am getting ready to install my Vortech SC model # 4FL218-148SQ in my 2004 GT and have a few qestions:
1.) Is there any thing I should be doing inside my engine prior to the install?
2.) Is the battery move easy? I have the mach1000 stereo with the DA subs in the back.
3.) Has any one out there install this model # themself? Pictures it so

Thanks

only thing about the engine I can recommend is changing to a BR7EF ngk plug , TR6s will work if you cant find a the BR7EF , what fuel pump are you using , I hope not the one with the kit they aren't really reliable , get a svt focus pump in there , I have one for sale if you want , its brand new , 100 bucks shipped , PM me if you are interested .... other thing would be getting a wideband hooked up to check the air/fuel ratio checked if you are getting the chip or flasher from vortech , if the tune is off you will probably want to get a custom tune done , and you will want to relocate the IAT sensor in the pipe after the cooler right before the throttle body so that is properly reads the air temps going in the motor , on the 02 and newer cars the IAT is built in the stock MAF so you will have to pull the far outside 2 wires out of the MAF wiring harness and run them a push in IAT that you can get for a F150 or expedition. hot glue gun and black tape works good to hold the terminals on , if you have to extend the wires make sure you solder them and then use heat shrink , and get a toyota PCV grommet works good to hold it in place and will give a nice factory looking install .......

only thing about the engine I can recommend is changing to a BR7EF ngk plug , TR6s will work if you cant find a the BR7EF , what fuel pump are you using , I hope not the one with the kit they aren't really reliable , get a svt focus pump in there , I have one for sale if you want , its brand new , 100 bucks shipped , PM me if you are interested .... other thing would be getting a wideband hooked up to check the air/fuel ratio checked if you are getting the chip or flasher from vortech , if the tune is off you will probably want to get a custom tune done , and you will want to relocate the IAT sensor in the pipe after the cooler right before the throttle body so that is properly reads the air temps going in the motor , on the 02 and newer cars the IAT is built in the stock MAF so you will have to pull the far outside 2 wires out of the MAF wiring harness and run them a push in IAT that you can get for a F150 or expedition. hot glue gun and black tape works good to hold the terminals on , if you have to extend the wires make sure you solder them and then use heat shrink , and get a toyota PCV grommet works good to hold it in place and will give a nice factory looking install .......

Yes I will be looking for the SVT Focus fule pump... Thanks for all the tips.

the vortech pump flows way more than the focus pump. focus pumps tend to burn up as well. Go check out Kenne Bell's website for more info on it. I'm currently laying down over 600HP w/ a 3 year old vortec pump. Also, they ARE the correct style pump for the 99 and up cars. many people say thay are not. They are a 255LPH "turbine" style pump, just like the stock one. Walbro type 255LPH pumps are a "gear" type pump, which is the incorrect style pump. Stick w/ the vortech.

the vortech pump flows way more than the focus pump. focus pumps tend to burn up as well. Go check out Kenne Bell's website for more info on it. I'm currently laying down over 600HP w/ a 3 year old vortec pump. Also, they ARE the correct style pump for the 99 and up cars. many people say thay are not. They are a 255LPH "turbine" style pump, just like the stock one. Walbro type 255LPH pumps are a "gear" type pump, which is the incorrect style pump. Stick w/ the vortech.

well when I ran mine , the fuel pressure was jumping around like crazy , didnt change anything but the pump , and then the fuel pressure started moving smoothly as you give and let off the throttle , so I dont know if its the correct pumps they send now or not but I know it was bad enough to cause my car to not run as smooth as it did with a Ford pump in it .....