Precut Window Tint

I have tinted the windows on about a dozen cars using the cheap film you get at pepboys or advanced auto and have gotten to the point where I'm confident in myself enough to do the windows on my '07. The thing is, I suck at cutting the film as straight and clean as the pro's plus I can't justify paying $200+ to have someone else do it. I also want to make sure I get quality, long-lasting film like Llumar or 3M.

I was looking around ebay and saw some precut kits that I think may be the best way for me to go. Has anybody else tried one of these kits? Can you recommend a seller? Any bad experiences?

I think I may stop by the local Ziebart and see if they use a computer to cut their film.

• Sponsors (?)

Most of the pre-cut window tint kits on ebay are the same cheap film quality you find at Pepboys or Autozone. You usually won't find the high grade films in 3M pre-cut. I have heard and seen good and bad things about pre-cut films. It always seems to be 50/50 with kits fitting perfect or light gaps on all windows. But try it out and see how you like it.

As for cutting tint, the sharper the blade the better. Most of the cheap "window tint" blades you find at the Auto stores are no better than butter knives. And always use the lines your vehicle has when cutting, like the edge of the window or line provided by weather stripping.

Good Luck!