premium sound

• Sponsors (?)

91redlxhatch said:
i have premium sound in my 91.. does any one have the wiring plans for it cause the person i bought it from hooked a cd player in it and now i dont have door speakers. does ne1 have it?

I wouldn't waste ur time u have two options u can find the wires on the amp and cut them and then run them into the cd player or run new wires to the speakers.

was the factory amp removed? On my car when i wired in the front speakers (prem sound) the door, and dash speakers run off of the same channel on the deck. the amp was only a 4 channel amp so the door and dash speakers should share 2 channels from the factory i Bypassed the amp and hooked the fronts up to only 2 channels. Meaning i hooked up L +-, and R+- and had 4 speakers. There is a crossover under the dash. yours should be similar. Finding the wires for the prem sound system was a royal pain because i could not get a wiring kit to fit. If its possible i would just run new wires, its probably easier.

Dr.

I ran into this when I put the stereo in my 90 notch. After going through the hassle of making my own amp bypass harness becasue no one makes one I found that the standard style stereo connectors are connected at the end of the output harness on the amp under the dash. if you follow the harness you'll find em. They're clipped to the back of the dash either behind or beside the blue airbag controller to the passenger side of the center of the radio/hvac controls. Just unplug them from the amp, pull out the amp and harness and throw them as far as you can away from your car. Pick up the wiring harness adapters from your fav stereo shop and go nuts.