Price check - 1995 Mustang

5.0HO

Oct 23, 2005
In The Middle
Hello

After wanting a Mustang for over 10 years I am finally going to get one.

I am looking at buying a friends 1995 Mustang with a 3.8/5 speed. I don't have a clue what these are worth... and online pricing guides vary quite a bit. The car is a '95 with 192,000 miles and a 3.8 with a 5 speed manual. The car is fairly basic - no power windows or locks, no cd, etc... It needs new door pins, the paint on the door is peeling off, and the driver seat is worn a bit. I drove it today and it ran/drove just fine. How much is a fair price? I think the price will be between $1500 and $2000.

• Sponsors (?)

I would be very careful about buying a car in this poor shape. If the body is in that shape, you have to think the engine is about to go, especially considering the miles. By the time you spend the money to get this in decent shape, you might as well look around some more and get a lower mileage car. The cost of a good paint job alone will double what you are planning to spend. Oh, and make it a V8. That's what I would do in your place.

kbb says 1,380

but imo, dont do it. 195,000 miles is ALOT for an american later model V6.
the car just wont hold up to long for you, and you want one that will hold up.

unless you are planning on a motor swap, then still, get that price good and dropped.

zincyellow03 said:
How much would you be willing to spend on a mustang?
Right now I have only $2500 in my "toy fund".

BrutalStang said:
unless you are planning on a motor swap

A motor swap was possibly in the plans. I have a 5.0/AOD combo still in a '92 T-bird with only 89,000 easy miles on it (was my brother's), but the car is wrecked, so I'm basically looking for a good car to put the engine in. I have read a bit on the swap though and many people don't recommend it. I may just pass on this deal, save up some more cash, and find a lower mileage V8 car.

Here is a pic of the engine. I may just swap it into my old '79 F150...

View attachment 499475