Price for this Motor swap?

Hi guys,
I'm posting this for my brother. He has a 95 cobra that he wrecked this past summer (beyond reasonable repair body/frame wise) and he finally has the money to get a swap done. He is planning on getting a 95 v6 auto which he found for a cheap price (i think the motor etc is gone or something, so its a good roller) to put the motor/tranny/rear in. So here is the question:
If he takes both cars to a mechanic and asks the mechanic to completely swap the motor and drivetrain along with any other parts needed, a complete swap motor/drivetrain wise, tuned etc right, how much should he plan on paying? I know it would be cheaper to do it ourselves but we aren't interrested (not too good with the mechanic work yet, and he needs it soon). Thanks a lot for any estimates.

• Sponsors (?)

Cool, thanks,
He was quoted 1800 from the mechanic i go to, so i guess thats about right. He's having a really hard time selling the cobra motor/drivetrain around here so i think its a decent plan. Interior shouldn't be a problem for us to do ourselves. The thing about teh brakes though, he is gonna need 17 inch wheels to fit over those suckers right? The wreck broke i believe 2 of his 17"cobra Rs, and he sold the other two trying to get some money back. So i'm guessing he is gonna need to score some 17s first, or will other rims fit over those brakes?