Price of classics going up

allcarfan

The Answer Man
Founding Member
Apr 8, 2001
North Atlanta
Just did an NADA price search on my mustang....

Stock, no options, just basic coupe....

Average retail: $8400. Two months ago, the SAME NADA guide said that the price was $7200. CRAZY! Lets see...$1200 value increase, every 2 months...by the end of the year it should be worth over $12grand!!! LOL

• Sponsors (?)

Wow, I've mentioned in the past that I'd only consider these estimates as EXTREMELY general as far as an accurate price goes. That said, holy cow! Average retail of my car 66, 2+2, 289, A/C) at 17,760? I could almost get my money out of this sucker with that kind of bank. :p

Too bad I'm never selling, huh? :D

Edit: I dunno man. I just entered my buddy's 65 A code GT Vert, and I've never seen an excellent condition car like this go for ...$41K! :eek:

I looked at the price for my 73 convertible and it came back with an average retail price of 17,300. Is that right I have seen some around the low retail price of 8,750 that it listed and one on ebay for like 11,000, but I have never seen one at 17,300. I don't think that I could ever sell mine for that much due to the fact that I have very few original parts on my stang because of all the mods I've done to it over the years. Really it doesn't matter because I don't think that I could ever sell my stang either.

Yeah... it's pretty nice to see that I bought my 67 Fastback last year in April for less than the low retail and right now it's definitely an average retail car.. if not a little better.

1967 Mustang Fastback w/ 289 - 4-speed - A/C - Deluxe Interior

Low: $14,505
Average: $24,970
High: $42,125

So tempting to sell.. but in no way will it happen. It's AAAAAAAALL mine!

Not to mention even on ebay I wouldn't get $25,000 for it... nice guestimate though NADA... :rolleyes:

-Tim

So I was messing around on the price search website and according to what it says my 73 stang is worth a little more than my friends 87 Buick Grand National. That's crazy.

well, according to NADA... my 1970 sportsroof with a 302 and c-4 and a/c is worth...
$10,450 avg retail.

Not bad, that's about what I've been quoting people who ask me about it. And especially not bad since I got the thing for 5g :nice:

The Swede

I for one am glad to see the value of my '68 fastback go up. I can't get over thinking about it this way: A few years back, I took a severe beating with my 401K. The value of it dropped about $35,000. Had I taken that money out before it crashed and invested it in a decent Shelby GT350, I could have been making money rather than losing sleep. What did I learn from this? Invest in what you love, in my case cars, and you'll never go wrong.