Price of gears installed......$700

• Sponsors (?)

Tell them you'll get the gears yourself. Summit Racing will price match. I got my FRPP 4.10's from them for $137 with free shipping. A local shop installed them for $200 install w/synthetic. $337 total.

So...find out what they charge for the install. Shouldn't be more than $225-$250 at the most. Get the gears online yourself.

I was quoted 200 to install and i found gears at mustang tuning for 130 bucks, has anyone shopped at mustang tuning they have really cheap prices with free shipping, i just baught some steeda springs from them and what is the best brand gears to buy?

I paid $400 for a walk in and walk out job. A local Mustang shop did it that does gears all the time. That included friction stuff too and it only took them like 3 hours and I sat and talked to the guy that owned they shop until they were done. Great people @ Steen racing :nice: They said that sometimes a bearing goes out and that if it does to bring it back and they will take care of it. I paid $90 for the speed cal too.

I think you just need to ask for a breakdown of the pricing

gears ~150
labor ~200
speedcal ~100

now if the shop was using an install kit I think they are like $100 plus some added labor. then you have fluid. if there prices are way more than any of these they are jacking you around. but if you car had higher miles and they were doing a full install kit gears could run about $550-600. how many miles are on the car?

hognutz said:
I think you just need to ask for a breakdown of the pricing

gears ~150
labor ~200
speedcal ~100

now if the shop was using an install kit I think they are like $100 plus some added labor. then you have fluid. if there prices are way more than any of these they are jacking you around. but if you car had higher miles and they were doing a full install kit gears could run about $550-600. how many miles are on the car?
The car has 15,000 miles on it...and its an 02 if that counts for anything.I am checking around a few other places here in Charlotte but i wanna make sure that its done right.But on the other hand i DO think $700 is kinda steep.