price on a cobra II?

jcp123

Nov 1, 2003
Tyler, TX
my friend spotted a cobra II around here locally. he didn't really look at it at all, but he says it looks to be in good shape, maybe just needing a paint job. what's a fair price for him to offer, assuming it's a 302/auto?

• Sponsors (?)

You're going to get a lot of different opinions :flame:, but here's mine:

Without more info, it's impossible to say.

Here's why: You can buy a NICE CBII for about 6K. If it's average, figure you'll have to do interior ($500-$1000), paint ($1000-5000+, depending on how nice you want it), then there's the mechanical end, plus all the little stuff that's missing/worn out/aged (valve stem seals are notorius for flaking and packing the oil pump/pickup after 25 years).

If it's complete, got a decent original interior, and under 100K miles, I'd say it's worth maybe $2500-$3000 (assuming it's going to need paint, because it will). If it needs interior, mechanical, missing parts like front spoiler and valance, etc; it's worth as little as you can get it for.

I once bought a V6/4 speed Cobra II that was missing only the front spoiler/valance for $150. Obviously, it needed everything, but it was a real CB.

Of course, there is always a larger group that want to buy into a project car than there is for finished cars (less cash up front), so the price will likely be a little higher than it's real worth.

Here's why: You can buy a NICE CBII for about 4K. If it's average, figure you'll have to do interior ($500-1000), paint ($200-750, depending on how nice you want it.

If it's complete, got a decent original interior, and under 100K miles, I'd say it's worth maybe $1000-$3500 (assuming it's going to need paint, because it will). If it needs interior, mechanical, missing parts like front spoiler and valance, etc; it's worth as little as you can get it for.

Of course, there is always a larger group that want to buy into a project car than there is for finished cars (less cash up front), so the price will likely be a little higher than it's real worth.

:OT:

I am going to get a mach 1 for $50 bucks. You can get them pretty cheap and have exterior can look excellent. IT has really good exterior. It has pretty good interior problay and a few rips in the seat. It has no motor and transmission. Some dents here and there. He just wants to get rid of it because it is so much odf a pain in the butt to him. He has a ton of ranger and some mustang parts. He also has a ranger for sale for $100. It has the same desciption. It has a motor though with transmission