price to get internals forged?

• Sponsors (?)

stallion98gt said:
from what I know..stock GT crankshaft should be good until 550HP...u might want to keep it if you are short in $$$...upgrade rods/pistons to froged ones for sure...

I agree...the rods and pistons are the weak link and should be replaced first. I haven't heard about any stock cranks breaking, but the rods and pistons always seem to go. The transmission will be fine for that amount of boost also. You will be out close to $1000 for parts; I have no idea on the labor. Good luck.
:nice:

Ditto what Sam said...maybe a little more since you also have to replace a few gaskets, new rings, dependng on miles on the motor, rod bearings and crank bearings and need new head bolts. (one time use).
I rebuilt my 4V myself and ended up spending around 1200 for parts.

Rich

micool said:
Try here for specific information. If your'e gonna' spend the $ to forge your motor why not spend another $500 and put a good crank in it?

Micool and myself are definite believers in T&J Performance. Great group to work with and can hook you up with the right combonation. Tim will lay out every available option with price, and you can choose to what extreme you want to take it. I just happened to take it to THE extreme. :rolleyes:

thanks for all the info..wow, thats pretty pricey for the parts. how long does it take to install so i can maybe get a rough idea how much certain shops will charge around here per hour

for the money

roughly $4500 for supercharger and or aftercooler
and $1-2000 for internals
Pluss install $$$

I'm surprised more people don't just purchase the '03 cobra motor for $7500

I got all the respect in the world for those throwin blowers on and changing internals.. just that if i had the money i'd just buy a completely built motor
:shrug:
-wade

wms004 said:
for the money

roughly $4500 for supercharger and or aftercooler
and $1-2000 for internals
Pluss install $$$

I'm surprised more people don't just purchase the '03 cobra motor for $7500

I got all the respect in the world for those throwin blowers on and changing internals.. just that if i had the money i'd just buy a completely built motor
:shrug:
-wade

Where are you finding 2003 Cobra engines for $7,500? If you can get one, they seem to run about $14,500... :shrug: