pro 5.0's "patented technology"...what is it?!

cenok is family

15 Year Member
Jun 25, 2003
Norman, Ok
every ad i've ever seen for pro 5.0 and even on their website doesn't say what that stupid allen head screw on the side of the tower does! i'm assuming it has something to do with tension on the springs? what does it do!?! oh and i just found out i actually have crane 1.7 roller rockers not 1.6s. what's the stock lift on an 87 cam and what's the formula to see how much more lift these rocker's are gonna give? anyone running these with a stock cam? i want to hear what the lope sounds like! thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

no idea on the shifter deal but the rocker arms wont give your car a lope. might make it sound different but no lope, you need a cam with more duration and a different LSA to get a lope, lift doesnt have much affect on sound as those do.

as for the lift deal.

stock cam with 1.6s is .444" lift on both sides

divide .444 by 1.6 to get the lift on the actual cam lobe which is .277

then multiply .277 with 1.7 to get your new lift number which is .470

i called pro5.0 and the guy told me the allen heads put tension on a small canadian gnome inside. He's actually what (who) guides your shift into 3rd.

he also said dont mess with the allen heads or you could kill/release the canuck gnome. call for yourself and see.