Pro Charger install on an '05 GT

• Sponsors (?)

sweet.. I'm going to install mine this weekend!!.. any hints I need to know.. please post all the pics and info you can asap.. hahaha.. I need allot of help. the pictures in the install book are too dark =-/ .. also did you install a new fuel pump? do you know the part # for it? thanks

I know the one picture is too dark, but if you click on all the other ones, they are actually not too bad. I'll be replacing the dark one here soon. I'll try and get all of it I can up for the install.

Since this car is sticking with 8 psi, we are going to keep the stock pumps on and tune around it. Next week we will be building another with a built motor and at least 16 psi on a 3V. That one will get new pumps. :-D

lostsoul said:
sweet.. I'm going to install mine this weekend!!.. any hints I need to know.. please post all the pics and info you can asap.. hahaha.. I need allot of help. the pictures in the install book are too dark =-/ .. also did you install a new fuel pump? do you know the part # for it? thanks
yeah, the pictures in the manual suck. Before you install the blower on the bracket, make sure the drain plug is tight on the actual blower. mine wasnt and oil seeped out all over the blower. You can do this install with simple hand tools, except you"ll need a torque wrench for the crankshaft bolt. Have fun with those coolant hoses. If you have any questions e-mail me directly, i'd be happy to help.

Best to add fluid before you start. Verify both plugs are in and tight first. ONE bottle per oil fill.

Also test fit the head on the bracket to ensure your discharge is parallel to the ground or reclock it so you have a cleaner install with ease of installation of the discharge tube as well.

The fill plug will either be on top or 180 out, but you can loosen the volute pinch bolts and rotate the compressor side of the housing in relationship to the impeller. Sometimes they are a little off from the factory.

When changing the break-in oil, clean the magnet before reinstalling it (Well, every oil change).

thanks for the info.. I want to see what I get too.. I still have to tune.. but the mustang dyno will give out lower numbers the the dyno jet.. why? =-( and which one is better.. people will comapre the numbers and it will look lower then it should

lostsoul said:
thanks for the info.. I want to see what I get too.. I still have to tune.. but the mustang dyno will give out lower numbers the the dyno jet.. why? =-( and which one is better.. people will comapre the numbers and it will look lower then it should

The Mustang Dyno is a loaded dyno, which means resistance is placed on the dyno to simulate the weight of the car. It's considered a more accurate dyno test since the car has to push against resistance comparable to the car's weight. The Dynojet is unloaded and the car only turns the weight of the dyno hardware.

lostsoul said:
thanks fin.. but when I post my numbers they will be lower then others and they will laugh at me then I will not be able to sleep at night ='-( ahhhhh.. hahah

Use this to convert:
(((Mustang HP x 0.9) / 2615) + 1) x Mustang HP = Dynojet HP

LOL! The only way you won't sleep at nite is because you will be too excited to get up and get back into the car!

The drive to and from work in a blown car/truck is ALWAYS the best part OF work!

Heh!

No worries. The Mustang will assist your tuner to get you the best code possible, as you are in the real world, in realtime.

Tow a boat? They can add THAT load and corners/hills too! But that is why they cost $60k!!!