Pro-M blow through maf issue

HOOKERBEAR

Aug 6, 2011
Utah
I have a Pro-M blow through MAF for my Mustang and its not reporting proper outputs, idle it reports .27-.29 as high as it reported when revved it barely reported higher than 1. Is this common for Pro-M MAF's? Has anyone else had this issue? Is there any way to combat this issue or do I just need to get a new one?

• Sponsors (?)

Did it read correctly at any time before this?

I'm not completely understanding you statement above.

What were the readings at:

Idle
Reved
Cruize

What are you feeding through the meter? What power adder? Intercooled?

I'm not sure if it ever read correctly, my computer keeps spitting out a code 66. Ide it reads anywhere from .27-.29 revved its reads up to 1 territory. I've never tried it at cruise. The engine is turbocharged and intercooled. The engine is chipped, without the chip the engine revvs fine with the chip if you get too deep in it seems like it boggs down. Chip on or off the computer spits out a 66 and output voltages seem way lower than they should be (they're supposed to be 0-5v aren't they?).

Someone told me its possible to have low voltages because of wiring. I had to extend my wires and I did so with shrinkable butt connectors. That same someone told me that butt connectors can cause problems with voltage, do you think that would make a difference?

Someone told me its possible to have low voltages because of wiring. I had to extend my wires and I did so with shrinkable butt connectors. That same someone told me that butt connectors can cause problems with voltage, do you think that would make a difference?

I typically solider all of those connections, did you use the same gauge wire?

IMO, This is a MUST. There's too much potential for gremlins with hack wiring and connectors.

Yes, I used the same gauge wire. I cut the butt connectors off and soldiered the wires. I'm seeing better numbers because of it however I'm uncertain if they are still where they need to be. Idle I'm seeing .49-.50 revved around 1.2 higher rev is in 2.1 territory. Is that where it needs to be?