Pro-M customer service at it again

Eric94GTvert

Founding Member
May 13, 2002
PA, Nazareth
I am posting this for a friend of mine (he doesn't post here or anywhere) with a 94 gt who purchased an 80mm directly from Pro-m. He ordered a few weeks ago and was told it will arrive in a few days. Naturally, when a week goes by, he calls to check up on it. He is told by the Pro-m tech there is no record of him in the computer :rolleyes: and he must re-order his meter and it will arrive in a few days.

A few days go by and he receives his correct meter. All is well until he gets his credit card bill and notices they have charged 2 meters to his card while only receiving 1.

He calls Pro-m again on his lunch break and they put him on hold for 20+ minutes until he had to hang up because his break was over. He called every chance he could until he finally got a hold of them. They took down his info and said they would look into it and call him right back. This has been a few days with no word. Anyone have a suggestion for him? Why would a company treat it's customers like this?

• Sponsors (?)

Chopped Liver said:
This has been a few days with no word. Anyone have a suggestion for him? Why would a company treat it's customers like this?

1. I dont know "why" they do this..because they can?

2. The first thing for HIM to do is DISPUTE the charge on the Card. That is an EASY thing to do, and the credit card companies almost ALWAYS side with the buyer.

3. Keep Harassing the company. They can OBVIOUSLY tell if he received 2 meters...shouldnt be that hard.

RC

Man I aint liking this.... :nonono: I have to send my meter back to them to be re-calibrated for 24s...Hope Im not in for a ride....
BTW...whats the cost for this...re-cal form 19s to 24s???

The thing that really makes me feel bad is I talked him into a Pro-M 80mm because I like mine so much and also urged him to go directly through Pro-M to save some cash. I bought my meter through JDS performance and while I paid a little more, I didn't have to deal with Pro-m directly. I think I might have went the right route after seeing this fiasco.

94GTLaserRC said:
Just by a TwEECer and set it yourself!

(dont know what they charge.)
Sorry.

RC

Wow....That one slipped by me....I'm in the market for a tweecer..hummmmm. Just scored a laptop couple months ago...I wasn't aware you could do that with the tweecer...??

RIO5.0 said:
Wow....That one slipped by me....I'm in the market for a tweecer..hummmmm. Just scored a laptop couple months ago...I wasn't aware you could do that with the tweecer...??

me neither !!?? wow, well it costs like $75 to get it re-calibrated? so if I use logic that's $75 I can use towards a tweecer next time I need to get recalibrated..

as for pro-m, I bought my 80mm plastic MAF and got extremely fast results, good price, etc, so I am a "success story" ??? hopefully the credit card gets cleared up..

Chopped Liver said:
The thing that really makes me feel bad is I talked him into a Pro-M 80mm because I like mine so much and also urged him to go directly through Pro-M to save some cash. I bought my meter through JDS performance and while I paid a little more, I didn't have to deal with Pro-m directly. I think I might have went the right route after seeing this fiasco.

DUDE...It's NOT the big a deal. If he sent cash, then I could understand...but he hasnt paid for it yet...

Did you see the post with Viper's friend from school getting shot and killed?
NOW THAT's A tragedy.

Relax, have him call the C/C Company, and it will be ok...
PRO-M is a big dude.

RIO:
You cant calibrate the meter, but with the TwEECer, you TELL the computer what injectors youre using, and you tell it what meter and calibation you are using.

Where my "injector" field is, I set it to "36" for the 36 lbs.
However, when I load the meter, I load the meter that says "PRO-M30" NOT "PRO-M36", since my meter is calibrated for 30#'s. Then you run the car and see how your target A/F ratios are and make adjustments.

Ask VIB:
We put in my 36#'s, made the Tweecer adjustments, and fired up the car. It started on the FIRST try, with no surging/bucking, etc.. Car sounded like stock.

Good luck
RC

94GTLaserRC said:
DUDE...It's NOT the big a deal. If he sent cash, then I could understand...but he hasnt paid for it yet...

Did you see the post with Viper's friend from school getting shot and killed?
NOW THAT's A tragedy.

Relax, have him call the C/C Company, and it will be ok...
PRO-M is a big dude.
RC

Ok, I never said this meter deal was a tragedy, what happened to Viper's friend is indeed a tragedy.

I will have him call visa and be done with it.

Green 94 5.0 said:
heh.....when i had the powerdyne, i was running 42lb. injectors with my stock mass air meter with perfect driveability. now, im using a pro-m 77mm cal. for 50's and 24lb injectors with the same result.

huh, what the %@#%, how the @#%? haha, I was always told that was impossible..?? r u another satisfied tweeker fan??

all u will have to do is run the cobra program using the tweecer.. Since the cobra comps call for 24lb injectors and a 19lb MAF you will be good to go :nice:

The recalibration cost me 100 when i did it.. I think they pay shipping one way or something, i forget exactly.

jetuomi said:
huh, what the %@#%, how the @#%? haha, I was always told that was impossible..?? r u another satisfied tweeker fan??
yes i am. my car wouldnt run without it. aside from the injector thing, the tweecer has cured my hanging idle, surging problem, cold start problem, and low rpm hesitation. it is up there as one of the best mods i've bought for the car.

Green 94 5.0 said:
you would too if javi knew what detonation sounded like. ;)
Javi always tells me when he wants to help with a project "what's a matter, dont trust me?" :lol:

Gotta agree with Rog tho, I have really only used mine for the injectors, idle, fand settings tranny settings, and just a little A/F.

I have more than got my money's worth, and I havent even really BEGUN the hardcore tuning.

RC