Pro3 CC plate sticking - popping problem

Lo Pony

Founding Member
Apr 28, 2002
Atlanta, GA
Anyone have a problem, like me, with the bushings on the strut mount of the CC plate making a bumping/clunking noise when the wheel is turned (as the strut angle changes)? The bushing really stick and are hard to move - when they do move, the "give way" and a popping results.

I e-mailed Pro3 customer service with a support request, and haven't heard from them. Do they support the customer?

• Sponsors (?)

The bushing in the CC plate is is essentially a ball that pivots. If something is popping there must be some binding or slack somewhere. The first thing I think of is, how many spacers did you use, are the spacers above or below the tower, and how much was the top strut nut torqed down. Otherwise I suppose it's possible to have got a bad plate, just seems unlikely. here is a picture of what mine look like. Do you see any major differences with yours?

caster07.jpg

Lo Pony said:
They started doing this about 1 month after installation (this is a street car). It's gotten progressively worse.

That looks just like mine. I can't remember which bushings were where, but I believe the 10mm were on the bottom and I used the 15mm on the top. It doesn't matter how much the strut nuts were torqued - you can remove the strut from the car and move the bushing manually by inserting something into it, and it does the same stick/give-way popping thing. It's definitely the strut spherical bushing that's the problem. Only one side makes the pop.

Do you know if they would warranty a defective part? Or should I just call them (guess I should, huh?)

T