Probe Seats

Discussion in '1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-' started by ace940, Oct 3, 2012.

1. ace940

ace940 Member

i was at my local swap meet this weekend and saw a pair of leather probe seats and remembered that they were pretty good when i had my probe. and i thought what if? has anyone replaced their seats with the probe seats i think they would be a good replacement for my torn leather seat. im wondering if they would just bolt in or not. i did like the bolster support on the probe seats and the lumbar.

2. StangGT1995

StangGT1995 Banned

I really doubt they'd be a direct swap. The seat track would most likely need to be adapted somehow, but I really don't know what all that would entail.

3. Husky44

Husky44 Active Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    No direct knowledge, but I can tell you that almost anything is swappable, just depends on how much fabrication you want to do. If the seat height is similar (from mounting point to butt-level), then even if you have to do a track swap, you don't have a big problem.

I didn't pay attention to that critical seat-height dimension when I bought my really cool Recarros from a BMW to swap into my 67. MAJOR floor fabrication later (hey, I got a great deal, I had to make them work), they now are set up, but I could have saved myself a lot of trouble by taking that measurement first.

4. 9646gt

9646gt Member

Pics co the seats in the 67 pls :)

5. Husky44

Husky44 Active Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    None to provide just yet. Floor fab is done, seats are back in the storage area while I finish up the work on the car. Won't be back in until I do the interior install, which is probably not until March or so. Sorry...

6. ace940

ace940 Member

Have either of u used the corbeau lg1 seats before? I like the way they look and id like to get new seats cuz mine are torn

7. Noobz347

Noobz347 Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor Admin Dude

Showcase:
    Albums:
    OP... Get the seats and the seat tracks. If the tracks don't come with the seats then pass.

8. Husky44

Husky44 Active Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    I haven't used the Corbeau, but they're a pretty popular swap in first-gen cars, and folks seem to be pretty happy with them.

See if you can at least find a set in a shop somewhere so you can sit in them, even for a few minutes, to see how they "fit". It'd suck to spend that kind of money on a set of seats only to find out that they don't fit you well.