Problem after installing window switch (don't think related)

MGSTANG

Founding Member
Aug 4, 2002
Palm Bay Fl
My friends car had an NX nitrous kit installed w/ a dallas mustang tach adapter and MSD pilled window switch. The kit did not work. So he bought a MSD window switch which I installed for him. Did not use the tach adapter, wired it like your suppose to. The window switch worked fine, powered up, read the RPMS on the unit. Took it out, sprayed 100 shot. Didn't work the first time, I think maybe the full throttle wasn't hit all the way. Anyways, worked one time. Turned around to head back the other and do it again, didn't work. Now, the computer was not bolted in because it hadn't been put back together yet after the last guy worked on it. So maybe I hit something with my foot but I just think something came lose. Anyways, the windows don't work, the A/C doesn't work and the radio doesn't work. The instrument cluster doesn't work till about 10 or so seconds, the the gauges go full, come back to zero then work like normal. What do you think could happend? I feel bad but I don't think I did it with the window switch install. Oh, also, now the window switch won't power up. I checked with a volt meter and it's not getting power from the inside switch. Which was already there from the last guy. So I just tapped into it, like I said, worked until the one nitrous run. Please HELP. He's taking it to Ford and I hope it doesn't cost anything because of me.

• Sponsors (?)