Problem filling gas

xero0620

Jul 15, 2008
Vacaville Ca.
Has anyone had a problem with gas spilling out of the fill hole when they are pumping gas. I have to pump extremely slow and a little still drips out but gas is filling so slow that it overflows and dosent shut off. Any suggestions on how to fix this so I can pump gas without putting any on the ground?

• Sponsors (?)

I always had the best luck turning the nozzle 90 deg to the ground , or a little more. Makes it hit the wall of the tubing and swirl around and down rather than straight to the back where it backs up.

had this problem on a few regular cars the fix is a good vent/breather pipe from tank
or clean out any breather pipe you have make sure theres no squashed bits blocking air flow
the easier ecxcess air/fumes can vacate the tank the easier you can fill it with petrol
when you fill it the neck issometimes blocked by all the fuel pouring in so a big bubble ocures forcing the fuel back out the filler and all over your legs!

I know it may be obvious, but I used to fill up at stations with a steep grade and face downhill. Along with the 90 degree tilt and going slowly (or going to a station with an old, slow pump, which will often be cheaper), this seemed to help a lot.