Problem with speedcal - O/D light flashing

Blev

Aug 17, 2003
So. Cal. V-Town
Hey gang....

Has anyone had an issue with their O/D light flashing? Mine started doing it yesterday then shortly after that, the check engine light came on. I searched around and the only other person that had a similar issue was from a bad ground on the ECU. I'm not seeing one.

So my question is, would a loose wire from the speedcal cause this? I've had the speedcal for about 2 or 3 years. Gonna start by looking under the car then start tearing apart the center consol to get to the unit. Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks.

P.S. I have the factory speedo gear in the rear end (not the cheap white one)

• Sponsors (?)

blackfang said:
Have it scanned by a technician as we don't know what caused this via internet. I hate diagnosing transmission issues over the internet cause quite a few things might be wrong.

.As odd as this may sound, it wasn't a tranny issue at all. My car had been losing all power and then starting right back up in the same second. Was part of a different issue. Ford supposedly fixed the problem, guess not! Found out that the nut that holds 2 or 3 main power leads to the fuse box under the hood was very loose. Have NO clue how that came loose, but I tightened it down and all issues are resolved. Go figure:shrug:

Blev said:
.As odd as this may sound, it wasn't a tranny issue at all. Found out that the nut that holds 2 or 3 main power leads to the fuse box under the hood was very loose. Have NO clue how that came loose, but I tightened it down and all issues are resolved. Go figure:shrug:
You proved my point.

The O/D light was flashing and the CEL came on and you thought the speedcal could do it. All 3 right there could lead to a trans, but it wasn't. That is why I really don't too in depth on trying to diag stuff online. I rather tell you what code it is and have someone in person diagnose it.