problem with supercharged GT

wannabe2000GT

Nov 9, 2004
upstate, ny
my car was fine yesterday and when i got back into it about 30min later i noticed the exhaust sounded very differnt. it sounds almost muffled and is very noticeibly quieter. Also i'v noticed a decrease in power for sure. I have a bassani catted X pipe and just strait pipes besides that. could it be a bad cat?

• Sponsors (?)

Very good chance that it is one of your cats.

When the car is running, put your hands behind your exhaust pipes to see if one of them is blowing weaker than the other. The weaker one is probably the side the bad cat is on.

If so, you should contact Bassani to see if they warranty the cats they use. They may send you another one for free to have welded in, however, they may want you to send the bad one back.

I had some thing very similar happen with my MRT H-Pipe and that is what I did.

OC Stang said:
Very good chance that it is one of your cats.

When the car is running, put your hands behind your exhaust pipes to see if one of them is blowing weaker than the other. The weaker one is probably the side the bad cat is on.

If so, you should contact Bassani to see if they warranty the cats they use. They may send you another one for free to have welded in, however, they may want you to send the bad one back.

I had some thing very similar happen with my MRT H-Pipe and that is what I did.

Actually with a catted X pipe the weaker flowing pipe would detect a bad cat on the opposite side.